cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movies

Hello everyone,

This is an area where we can talk about movies we like and discover new ones too! To start i'll ask a couple of questions.

1. What's your favourite movie and why?

2. If you could be in any movie world which would it be and why?

3. If you could be any movie character who would you be and why?

4. What's the last movie you watched?

Feel free to ask your own questions and recommend movies. Thanks to @N1ghtW1ng for coming up with this idea!

Highlighted

Re: Movies

This is a fantastic thread @Hello_There! I love the questions Smiley Very Happy

1. My favourite movie... um... Smiley Tongue (okay I'm really, really bad at picking favourites Smiley Tongue) But I'm a huge fan of cartoons/animated movies and superhero-type movies. Especially when they have a good soundtrack Smiley Very Happy
2. Oooh... I'm going to have to pick Star Wars for this one. The universe would be fantastic to be in! (of course, that depends on which era you go into, but I'm pretending the war didn't exist Smiley Tongue)
3. Wonder Woman, definitely Wonder Woman for this one. Or Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars, because they're both fantastic. Or my namesake Nightwing, he's pretty cool (he's the first Robin).
4. The last movie I watched was either Justice League: Doom(I only watched bits of it) and the last full movie... um... I think it was Atlantis: The Lost Empire, an underrated classic Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

Join us on Monday 26th for a chat on healthy eating!

1. What's your favourite movie and why? A Cinderella Story - the dress, the love notes, Hilary Duff, the sound track, it's the perfect chick flick and it will always be one of my favourites. I also love the following movies too: Dance Academy (I watched the series all through high school and the movie was amazing!), It's Kind of a Funny Story, any Disney Channel original movie: Disney Descendants 1 and 2, Lemonade Mouth, High School Musical 1-3, Camp Rock 1 and 2, StarStruck they are my weakness! Pitch Perfect 1 and 2, Big Hero 6 and Adam Sandler movies always make me laugh.

2. If you could be in any movie world which would it be and why? I feel like either Disney Descendants or Big Hero 6 movie worlds would be fun to be in.  

3. If you could be any movie character who would you be and why? Sam in A Cinderella Story just so I could wear her dress.

4. What's the last movie you watched? I watched half of Bruno and Boots: This Can't Be Happening before I dozed off (I was super tired and I was flying home after a packed few days), but I fully watched A Christmas Prince, before that I watched half of Big Hero 6 (I got side tracked) and Everything, Everything. This was all in the space of a few days. The last movie I saw in theatres was Dance Academy though, which I actually saw twice but I am seeing Pitch Perfect 3 in cinemas soon.

I love a good movie or tv show with a good soundtrack too! Not only does it help the film but you can always listen to the music outside of that universe!

Star Wars would be an equally good and scary world to live in. Depending on where you live or who you are you might be involved in the war or maybe never heard of it!

Wonder Woman is an awesome choice! Not only do you have her powers and age slower but you give hope to those who need it most!

I personally have only watched the Batman Vs. Robin DC animated film. But with Gotham By Gaslight coming out this year I might just have to check out some more!

Sorry it took me a while to respond, I kinda took a break from the internet.

Seeing that you like Star Wars, what'd you think of The Last Jedi?

It's so nice to see someone with different taste in movies with me. I've only watched out of your list Camp Rock 1 (They made a sequel?), High School Musical 1 & 2 (though I only remember 2 cause I watched it so much haha), Big Hero 6 and Pitch Perfect 1 & 2. I've heard of some of the others but never really got the chance to watch them. I did watch the Dance Academy TV series a while back though.

I so agree on living in the Big Hero 6 universe! With all the futuristic tech and different cultures!

Haha, sounds like you've been watching a lot recently. I find it slightly annoying when I start a film and then finish it a week later (Currently i'm halfway through Groundhog Day). Hope you enjoy Pitch Perfect 3! (Or maybe you've already seen it)

Great questions @Hello_There!!

1. What's your favourite movie and why?

Either Donnie Darko, because the dialogue in that movie is so beautiful and the mystery is mind-boggling, or Frozen because it's a short movie and my go-to when I'm feeling sad, and because it depicts mental illness in a way that is sensitive and accessible to kids! Smiley Happy

2. If you could be in any movie world which would it be and why?

The wizarding world of Harry Potter, because... magic! Smiley Happy

3. If you could be any movie character who would you be and why?

Ummm...this is a tough one! Probably Alice Cullen because she's a vampire and she and Jasper love each other so deeply. 

4. What's the last movie you watched?

The Hours, with Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore. It's about Virginia Woolf as she was writing Mrs Dalloway, and two women who are reading it years later. Again, beautiful dialogue, and I loved the way the stories of the two women were linked in the end!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 189 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors