cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music that always makes you happy?

Hey guys,

I was just thinking about music that I can put on when I am feeling down that will almost always put me in a good mood. For me the first album by the New York band Vampire Weekend is the first thing that comes to mind - it always makes me feel upbeat. 

What is that album or song for you? What picks you up when you are feeling glum?

Re: Music that always makes you happy?

Ooooh theres so many and it always changes!

Temper Trap  - Conditions is an album which always picks me up and it is also one of the rare albums in which I like allll the songs.

A song which is always manages to put me in a better mood in either relaxing or getting over a long hard day is lost by michael buble.

For Community or smooth jazz fans - yes, a strange combination, but if you watch Community you'll get the reference! - check this out. Very cool. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXvuUp-KY5g

Highlighted

Mika always cheers me up.
Song no. 2 by Blur
Favourite Jeans by Bertie Blackman
Summer by Charlotte Hatherley

I actually have a whole 'happy-ness' playlist for those occasions when I need a bit of cheering up.

For me it's a LONG list!

Metallica and Simple Plan are at the top of it. As well as Kid Husdon, Transvaal Diamond Syndicate, Cleveland Blues, Alkira, Good Charlotte, Reece Mastin, Justin Timberlake and Daylight Hours are some of the few. I constantly have music playing

Basically any music, but mainly Katy Perry's Firework, and anything by 30 Seconds to Mars.

Music that makes me happy depends on my mood, if i am relaxing at home then Bon Iver, Florence & the machine, Birdy....basically chill out music, If i am going out to either a family faunction or catching up with friends then i go for more up beat pop or rnb. Music is my favoured outlet.

hey Unique... have you listened to the XX before? If you like Bon Iver and Florence, I suspect you will be a big fan.

Music is my saviour as well - it is where my mind can go and have a blissful rest whenever I am feeling stressed. I can't imagine life without it.

This song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7esW6StGSI 
Camel are such a strange band, but they write great music.

Reggae, it puts a smile on my face everytime