cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: NYE 2012

@Tempus: hmmm, I get what you mean. I've found myself in a similar situation, not really knowing what I love, my advice is to try new things. I've found it helps to have an open mind when trying things too Smiley Happy

I love the ideas about not putting too much pressure on events

@Lokifish, I was saying that a couple weeks ago, it's too early to be near christmas and now it's NYE, like wow it's come so quick!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee I try new things all the time, it's not just that, it's that I am not sure if I still love what I used to love. I mean, I am so unsure about my programming now, something I have sunk the past 6-7 years into. Having a bit of an identity crisis I guess.
Highlighted

Nice to hear all of you had different plans for NYE.

I was rostered to work on NYE at Maccas. The crowd was ridiculous when the fireworks finished at 9pm and again at midnight. People usually decide to come out and have a snack. It was pressuring to make sure everyone get their food at a reasonable time.

I have to say the crowd after midnight was quite enjoyable to serve. Most of them was high on adrenaline and joy and/or intoxication. Some customers felt pity for me that I have to work on NYE but it doesn't really matter for me.
One car full of boys offered me vodka in celebration. Unfortunately I have to refuse the alcohol while on shift.

I meant to finish at 2am on NYD, but the crowd kept coming all morning, esp the ones slowly taxi-ing back from the city. I finished at 6am instead.

Also, on NYE my guinea pig gave birth to 5 piglets. On NYD she gave birth to 3 more but they didn't make it.

It was a great way to end 2012 with new members of the family and a interesting start to 2013- a lesson that life can be very fragile because essentially it is a thin line between who makes it after birth and who doesn't.

Happy 2013!

Highlighted

Hey guys.

Hope you all had a great new years eve!

Tempus - I'm also not a fan of NYE as I often spend it alone too. But I think it's important to gain some perspective - it's only ONE night of the year. I did turn down an invitation for last night because I wasn't really in the mood for partying so I guess it's partly my own fault.

The electricity in my place actually went out at about 11:45pm last night! So I couldn't watch the fireworks and I was pretty much dying from heat exhaustion! I never realized how much I rely on fans!

I decided last night that I would buy some take away (yummy Indian) to comfort me. And I watched a movie (Rainman). I actually got really tired so went to bed at 11 (but didn't sleep because it was so hot). I didn't want to be alone so I bought my dog in and cuddled up to him and my teddy last night. Smiley Happy

Lets look forward to 2013 - lets try and think of the positive things that we have planned for this year!

MM. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hello, hope you had a nice new years eve Smiley Happy.

Turns out mine wasn't that bad, I got used to the idea of being alone and just dealt with it. I ended up spending the night talking to my bestfriend, she had her plans cancelled on her so we stayed up talking until around 1 Smiley Happy. Was a better night then I expected it to be Smiley Happy.

As for 2013, bring it on, I am ready to make it the best year of my life so far and I have my bestfriend every step of the way there with me Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Tempus: Glad to hear you evening turned out to be good Smiley Happy

@Doris: Wow, sounds like an interesting shift... Wollies shut just before 9 here, but we snuck in when they were letting customers out, along with a couple other groups of people XD haha...

@MM: Sounds like you enojyed your night - apart from the electricity going out.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Happy new year everyone from one of the last ones to get it! It's just now officially turned January 2nd here but I wanted to make sure I got a word in. Smiley Very Happy