cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Netballllll!

@loves netball You can totally laugh at me because I know NOTHING about netball Smiley Tongue

If the rules do end up changing, do you think they're going to get stricter or less strict??

Do you know much about the culture around netball, what's the pay rate like, are players usually respected by sports organisations or is it a more marginalised sport?

Highlighted

The rules changed at the start of last year - just minor rule adjustments.

@Ben-RO

1. did you watch a game?

2. fast five is the only modified version of the rules

3. Guess who won yesterday??? I love seeing the kiwis lose hehehe Smiley LOL

Highlighted

@DruidChild here's a link to answer the questions about the new pay day http://supernetball.com.au/2016/09/15/national-netball-league-athletes-score-ladder-topping-pay-deal...

oh and @Ben-RO google has always told me Netball came from the US but they obviously don't really play. I think some people do there, but they're ranked like 50 in the world so don't play in world cup etc

Highlighted

Ah cool I'll check it out! Thanks! Also I watched the Taylor Swift lip sync videos and they're hilarious Smiley LOL

Highlighted

I watched this...i think... i still can't tell the difference between games lol Smiley Tongue 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Je92c1f8_k

Which coincidentally was the opposite of the weekend's results Smiley Tongue

Double extra time looks brutal. Like whoa how tired would you be! And i still find Netball very confusing and can't remember the names. I also lost track of which net was who's a few times and was like yaaaaaaay, and then realised it was the ferns about to score...

Highlighted

Also I'm just bad at understanding all sports, it's not just Netball. I WILL LEARN though!

Also she's not online much, but @Helen - RO is a netball fan too, maybe i can get her on here sometime for a chat about Netball Smiley Happy

Highlighted

This was the result from the actual game played yesterday morning (which I stayed up till 1.30am to watch) http://netball.com.au/diamonds-open-2017-with-seven-goal-victory/

How can you mix the diamonds and the silver ferns, totally different uniforms @Ben-RO Smiley Indifferent

I'm used to most people hating netball

Highlighted

Oh i can tell the uniforms apart, my problem is i forget which way they're meant to be running @loves netball Smiley Tongue

It's a cool game and i think i like it from a feminist perspective too because i am a nerd.

Highlighted

haha thanks for the shoutout @Ben-RO, I am defs a netabll fan, although I think @loves netball is a bigger fan than I am.

Hey @loves netball great to emeet you...what position do you play?

I'm usually GK although in last year's comp I had to play WA and actually loved it and was pretty good so random!

Highlighted

@Helen - RO that is two totally different positions! Which national league team do you support? (if any)

Me - C/WA