cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New mods

So the new mods have started. I want to congratulate them and get them to introduce themselves. I know you may have seen them around on the forums as builders but they can still come and say hi (and continueing mods can join in) 

I have some random questions for you. 

1. What's your favourite thread on the forums 

2. What's one thing your grateful for today

3. What's one thing you're really proud of

4. Why did you become a mod 

5. Who your inspiration and role model 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Re: New mods

This is cool @redhead! Keen to see everyone's answers Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Thanks and awesome idea @redhead!

1. What's your favourite thread on the forums?

Oooh, this is a tough one because there are so many great threads on here! Probably my favourite thread has to be the books one because I have an obsession with reading and collecting books (particularly ones with special edition pretty covers!)

2. What's one thing your grateful for today?

Incredible friends and family who are always supportive for me Smiley Happy

3. What's one thing you're really proud of?

I'm proud of everyone here in the ReachOut community who had the courage and strength to fight through whatever debacle they're going through against all odds Smiley Happy

4. Why did you become a mod?

I wanted to get a bit more involved here on the forums as I enjoy supporting everyone here in the ReachOut community. 

5. Who your inspiration and role model?

You may not have heard of her but my inspiration and role model is Marsha Linehan. She had suffered from borderline personality disorder and is the pioneer of dialectal behaviour therapy (a therapy that is frequenly used today to treat borderline personality disorder!). She is an inspiration to me as she managed to live a fulfilling life despite her disorder and has used her experience with the disorder to help others who also suffer from it. 

ive noticed lots of our builders are mods now congrats to all!!

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

hey @redhead, thanks so much! Very kind of you to make a thread for us (maybe it was quiet rude of us to not introduce ourselves, so thank you)

oh gosh, why is the first question so hard! As much as I enjoy talking to everyone in the threads, my favourite thread would have to be games! 

My super supportive and understanding partner. Smiley Happy

I'm really proud of everyone here on ReachOut. Speaking up and reaching out can be a really hard thing to do, but I love how we are a community full of love and supportHeart

I want to be able to help others in whatever way I can, and this was one of themSmiley Happy

Another hard question. hmmm. 

Hey @redhead this is a really cool idea!!
'

I think my favourite thread would have to be "three positives of today", I just love going through all the responses to see what great things people have going on in their lives. 

Today I'm grateful that it is mango season so I get to live off mangoes for the next month.

Like @honky and @Esperanza67 said I'm so proud of everyone on ReachOut for sharing their life and issues, and it is just so incredible to see and be a part of a community with so many passionate and friendly people so dedicated to helping others.

I became a Mod because I wanted to become more involved and learn how to provide better support to this amazing community

I think my main inspiration and role model would be my mum, she's just such an incredible and strong person. I aspire to be more like her every day. 

Highlighted

Hey @redhead thank you so much for making this thread! Heart

There are so many amazing threads, it's sooooo hard to choose! I think I really love the positivity threads in Everyday Life - What are you proud of3 positives of todayI smiled because & Awkward Moments

These threads are awesome to look at and remind ourselves of the good times and awkward Smiley Happy

I'm grateful for awesome members of the forum. You guys are like a family to me Heart

I'm proud of myself for sticking it through and proving to myself I could do this and become a mod. I'm proud of all the other mods for being so supportive and amazing. And I'm proud of everyone on the forums. To come here when you're feeling crappy and ask for help and guidance - it takes strength and courage. And you're all amazing. 

I've wanted to become a mod for quite a while, and kinda never thought I was ready. This year I found myself filling in the form and I thought, well this is it. We'll see what happens. 

But I've wanted to become a mod for a while because I wanted to give back to the community that helped me acknowledge I was struggling with my mental health and assisted me to reach out and get the help I needed. These forums have helped me through so much, and I really looked up to the mods that helped me in the past, and I wanted to be that person helping others reach out and start their journey, and assist and cheer on people who are continuing with their journey. And I'm just not ready to leave such an awesome site. So while I'm adapt and good at looking after my mental health, I can come and assist others and be part of their cheer squad!

I have had many different people inspire me for many different reasons.

I guess I look up to P!nk as a singer/song writer. She came from a hard background and has made a career for herself doing what she loves. She has stayed true to herself and told those who told her she had to change to F-off. She's a genuine person and I think that's why I identify with her a lot. I love that her songs range from upbeat and party like to calm and soul touching.

giphy

And to finish, my most played Pink song recently played over 50 times!

@Esperanza67 Marsha Linehan is great! I have been doing DBT with my psychologist and it's been the best thing for me Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Happy to be here Smiley Happy 

1. What's your favourite thread on the forums?

That's really hard! I loved the one about what people were currently watching on TV (I am a big binge watcher), but all the threads are pretty great Smiley Happy

2. What's one thing your grateful for today?

Chocolate, my cat and it being less than a month for Christmas.

3. What's one thing you're really proud of?

Being a YA (Youth Ambassador) for ReachOut, living with anxiety and not letting it get in the way of my life, having 5 articles published on The Mighty and my blog. 

4. Why did you become a mod?

I love ReachOut and having been a YA for almost 3 years (!) I was eager to get more involved and think the forums are awesome.

5. Who is your inspiration and role model?

That's a tough one! I find I'm drawn to characteristics of people and admire them for those. Bethany Hamilton - for becoming a professional surfer despite loosing her arm to a shark attack.

Daniel Radcliffe - for not letting his Dyspraxia get in the way of being an actor.

Naomi Scott - for being a great actress and not selling out for Hollywood.

Rahart Adams - for being a genuine actor and working hard (including juggling year 12 exams and working) while also finding time to promote ReachOut.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!
Highlighted

Yay welcome everyone!!!

@Sarah7714 I am living for mango season right now Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

@redhead this is such a nice thread, thanks so much Smiley Very Happy

To answer your questions...

I really love the '3 positives of today' thread'! Makes me smile when people post in it, and then so many others post back on how awesome their positives are - a never ending cycle of positivity Smiley Happy

I'm grateful today to have done my chores early morning (because let's be real, by the time noon rolls around, I have lost all motivation to clean my bathroom) Smiley Tongue 

I'm proud of being a part of ReachOut, and meeting all you wonderful people! It gives me so much happiness that people are so accepting of what others have to say, and are willing to open up, so it's incredible to be part of this community.

Because I want to help people honestly. It's a simple answer, I know, but that's really what it boils down to and I think RO offers an incredible platform by which we can all help each other, which is amazing.

Hmmm, my grandma probably. She lived through incredibly tough times, but proved she was stronger at every single obstacle and occasion. If I can be even half the incredible woman she is, and has been all her life, I will be proud.