cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New mods

I'm certainly not a new mod but I'm crashing this party anyway! Smiley Tongue

1. What's your favourite thread on the forums 

The count to 1,000,000 thread. It's so much fun and as silly as it is, I feel like I'm contributing to a goal every time I post on it

2. What's one thing your grateful for today

I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head and a comfy bed to chill on today, as we're having an insane amount of rain here in Vic 

3. What's one thing you're really proud of

I've managed to find myself a summer job Smiley Very Happy keeping it shall be another thing, but for now at least I've gotten this far Smiley Happy

4. Why did you become a mod 

This community has given me so much love and support over the years and I want to continue doing the same for at least another year Smiley Happy

5. Who your inspiration and role model

Oooh good question. I have a lot of role models, but I'll say Brett Kirk. He was my favourite AFL player growing up and he's renowned for his courage and leadership abilities both on and off the field.

That's awesome @lokifish, congrats!! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Bit late to the party, but oh well!

So!...

Hmm... I'd have to say geography create a word from the last letter thread. It's pretty funny finding obscure place names as answers AND you get to broaden your geography knowledge in the process. WIN-WIN! Smiley Very Happy

For today, I'd have to say my friends spontaneously throwing a board games party for me after returning from a trip around Japan. Smiley Happy

I guess going to North Korea and living to tell the tale? Not gonna lie, there were definitely some instances where I was concerned for the wellbeing of some of my tour group members (myself included), mainly cuz we weren't exactly adhering to the rules Smiley Tongue (Yes, I know. Stupid place to be rebellious, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

I've always had a interest in mental health and have even worked for a couple of them over the years. Thought I'd give this mod thing a crack and help some people in the process while learning how to provide support in the process. Smiley Happy

I'm gonna throw a curveball and say I don't really have any set inspiration/role models. Personally, I like to pick out admirable qualities from people I know and then take them on board. I just really like the idea of 'standing on the shoulders of giants' and using these life experiences to pave my own path in life. I've just done this process so many times to the point where I've forgotten where I've picked out these traits from. Smiley Tongue

ANYWAYS, GREAT TO BE PART OF THE MOD TEAM! Smiley Very Happy

Awesome thread @redhead!

1. What's your favourite thread on the forums?

Definitely the Three Positives of Today, which you can find here

2. What's one thing you're grateful for today?

The forums and being part of this community.

3. What's one thing you're really proud of?

I'm slowly learning how to recognise when I'm not being treated well, and to distance myself from people who don't treat me well and surround myself with people who do.

4. Why did you become a mod? 

I wanted to extend my involvement with RO after being a Builder for a while. I'm so passionate about mental health and organisations like RO, which promote and encourage it. 

5. Who your inspiration and role model?

I have several, but the one that comes to mind first is Demi Lovato. Not only is she a super talented vocalist, her openness about her mental health struggles has helped many people (myself included).

sorry not sorry sns GIF by Demi Lovato  

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Also yes, yes, yes @Esperanza67 Marsha Linehan is so amazing!! I wanted to go to her workshops earlier this year but they were too expensive Smiley Sad

DBT is such a revolutionary therapy and I'd recommend it to everyone!! So happy I can gush to someone about this, haha!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Awesome! I love answering introduction question Smiley Happy And as always, with gifs!!!

Games thread, specifically counting to 1,000,000 (we totally will reach that one day)

a million dollars GIF

2. What's one thing your grateful for today?

Having friends who are ready to talk and help me whenever I'm not feeling awesome. Just knowing that there are people ready to back me up is an amazing feeling Smiley Happy

how i met your mother cheers GIF by WGN America

Still being able to balance work and life. It's a real tricky area when so many things come at once so being able to have juggled it for this long is an achievment I'm happy with. It's a great feeling when you get to share these tips with others too!

himym GIF

I've never been the most outgoing person and I think I initially joined the forums to find like-minded people. Eventually, I thought the existing mods were amazing and wanted to help them in their quest to assist with other's lives as well....to make an impact and a difference. Not being outgoing for me meant that I kept a lot more built up inside. When I did let some of it out, it felt like a relief. I guess that was a long winded way of saying I wanted to help people find that relief Smiley Tongue (I'm not great with words either haha, I just type the first thing that comes in my head). 

dog helping GIF

At the risk of sounding extremely sappy, I have to say my role models and inspirations have changed from fictional people to real people like @redhead @j95 @scared01 @N1ghtW1ng @lokifish @Ben-RO @Bree-RO over the past year. The collective struggles and amazing superhuman ability to support others and themselves at the same time is something I aspire to reach. These people have showed me so much so...thank you Heart Heart Heart

how i met your mother love GIF

Such a cool idea @redhead! Thank you for making this thread Smiley Happy
Here are my answers!

This is so hard to answer! I think when we all talk about the stuff we like for example anime, movies, tv shows and books. I find a lot of new recommendations and it's really fun

I'm grateful for my family and boyfriend. They are my everything.

I'm proud of myself for going out of my comfort zone and trying new things! I was initially nervous about signing up to RO but it's been one of the best things I've ever done Smiley Happy Super happy with that!

I want to be able to talk to people and support them! Smiley Happy

This is really hard to answer! A lot of people in my life inspire me in different ways!

Thanks @redhead! What an amazing idea.. 

I love the well-being threads, such as 3 positives of today. It is a great way to remind ourselves to check in with some good things about our day. Sometimes it isn’t easy but it can guide us towards positive thinking even if we aren’t having the best day in the world. 

Even though I dread my current retail job (due to the behaviour of the company), I am grateful that I still have a job that is putting money into my pocket. I also get to leave really soon, so I have that to look forward to 😂

I got a new job in my field that I am studying in. The field is hard to get into so I am incredibly proud! I am also very grateful, yay!

I love helping people and I wanted to become more involved. It is a lovely community here and I am glad to be even more apart of it! 

One of my role models is a friend, I hope I can be just like him someday. He is my motivation.

Aside from that, people who try their best to improve themselves really inspire me. Even if it’s something small, we all face difficulty and challenges so I commend everyone who is trying to work on themselves while going through stuff. It is not easy to do and it can be so draining, so well done, I see you! 👋🏼 

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

Count to 1,000,000. (we will do it!) And basically all of the Games threads Smiley Tongue

2. What's one thing your grateful for today?

Doritoes and Brooklyn 99 Smiley Wink

Hm... It's not so much a thing, rather a bunch of people... I'm proud of all the newbie mods (and the senior mods!) for joining these forums for another year and sharing their fantasticness with us. Smiley Happy 

I do remember when I first joined the forums and I loved supporting people and when I saw the moderators I thought, I want to do that. And now I am. Smiley Tongue  

I'm a bit like @j_ in that I don't really have a specific inspiration or role model. But I do find myself in awe of all the amazing people here on the forums. You all rock Smiley Wink

oh my @RevzZ umm i dont really know what to say! im just happy to help where i can Heart

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**