cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Podcasts

Does anyone on RO listen to any of the Mcelroy brother podcasts? I started on listening to My Brother, My Brother and Me and have since completely fallen down the podcast hole to also listen to The Adventure Zone, Shmanners and Cool Games Inc. I have way too many podcasts and they have way too many interesting shows D:

Highlighted

I've heard good things about My Brother, My Brother and Me @Chessca_H, I must add it to the perpetually growing list Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

@roseisnotaplant it's very good and their TV show adaption of it just went up on iTunes after months of it only being in America! I've been binging it, I would definitely recommend you listen to those good good boys Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Thanks for the recommendations @Chessca_H! I'll have to give those a try!

I've started listening to a podcast called Sisteria, which is a feminist podcast that interviews a different woman each week about politics, popular culture and a bunch of other stuff. It's quite interesting!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

@letitgo likewise with Sisteria, I'll have to give that a listen!

With MBMBAM I'd recommend not trying to listen from the very beginning and catch up, partially because they've been doing the podcast for nearly 8 years and their sense of humour has changed a lot (one thing I really admire about them now, they really actively work to make sure their humour is accessible to everyone and doesn't put anyone down) and partly because there are just too many episodes Smiley Tongue 

Highlighted

I've just started listening to NPR's Hidden Brain. The episodes are only half an hour long, so they're relatively quick and each episode discusses a different element of human psychology. e.g. I listened to one today about regrets. Would recommend!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Ever listened to All In the Mind @letitgo? One of my uni classes seems to love them so they play them every tutorial and it's pretty interesting Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Highlighted

I'm helping out with a podcast at the moment called Stories from the Closet 

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/stories-from-the-closet/id1281505424?mt=2

It's a really interesting experience working on a podcast that explores how people came to terms with their sexuality and how they dealt with coming out. I highly recommend listening. 

Highlighted

Recently I've just finished listening to Honor Eastly's No Feeling is Final podcast. Originally linked by the amazing @gina-RO

It's a memoir show about one persons experience about mental health and their journey.

It talks about feelings; so it might bring up some feelings for you.

I found this podcast very interesting and validating for me.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart