cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pokemon Go

I downloaded it, excited by the idea of a new motivator to get me walking, but it took SOOOOO long to load and then couldnt access my user that I gave up and deleted it. Smiley Sad

Did anyone ever play Ingress? It was made by the same people who have now developed Pokemon Go, but I found it was a less buggy experience (in the technological sense). I used to play it a lot and it got me out of the house during some really tough times.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

@lokifish I never was that into either but I find this game a nice distraction. I get bored easily and like things that take up my time with no responsibility (it's a minor problem Smiley Tongue)

@ClCl On WIFI I've had no loading problems but once I switched to Data it did not load at all, stuck on halfway. I've only recently heard of Ingress because apparently it has a map for Pokemon Go stuff. Although I've never played.

Yeah I think they have used a lot of the same locations used in Ingress for Pokemon Go. Because in Ingress part of it was making new locations, so they probably just transferred that information over.

The premise of Ingress is that aliens (I think) are trying to connect to Earth through energy fields. These energy field are landmarks (murals, places etc). You pick a side (fight against alien energy or not) and go and claim the landmarks. Then you try to make them stronger by connecting them together into grids (grid lines cannot cross).

At one point someone had made a grid from SA to QLD to NZ or something incredible like that!!!

[Edit @N1ghtW1ng]

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

I'm almost lvl 13, had to slow down over the week. Sorry if this off topic haha, only saw the thread just then and way too tired to read all of the messeges.

Nice @Grake! It's not off topic at all, if it's about pokemon then it's on topic Smiley Tongue

So I was stuck at a pokestop all day... Now I'm lvl 15

@Grake I thon your our winner atm I'm only keve 11 coz I've been at friend all weekend and there's like no Pokémon there
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Anyone else experiencing the 3 step bug? (All Pokemon on radar appear 3 steps away even if you're on top of them, and they're not even in the right order) I tried to track some over the weekend but it was completely broken.
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

I am too lazy to track pokemon @Bay52VU however all the pokemon are always three steps away. So i expect i have experienced the bug!

Also I've had a hectic connection bug. It will just load an area forever, or the initial loading screen will freeze out half way. Couple of the other RO staff have run into the same problem. Super annoying! I'm hoping that they start fixing bugs soon!

@Grake! Nice lvl mate! I restarted because i wanted a Pikachu as starter, now back up to lvl 8 Smiley Happy

@Bay52VU YES I have the 3-step bug too! It's so upsetting, I'm chasing them all over the neighbourhood and getting nowhere. I was in some prime pokemon-hunting country over the weekend, too!