cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - May 2018!

Happy May everyone its the start of a new month which means it's time for another Introduce Yourself Smiley Happy 

Also is it really May until this meme has been posted everywhere? 

rs_600x796-150430104629-CD20z_PVIAAfh6j.jpg

*drumroll* Onto the questions:

How do you feel about rubber ducks? 

giphy

What was your last impulse buy?

giphy

What TV show have you been watching recently and why should we watch it? 

giphy

What's something you know you shouldn't do but you keep doing? (look at the gif of Degrassi: The Next Generation Drake takes me back to my youth haha!)

giphy

What's your favourite scent?

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Remember a bunch of years ago when rubber ducks were a big thing? Everywhere sold those patterned ducks. They were like the prequel to pop!vinyls. I really liked that time and would like it to return to that time. In saying that, I never bought a duck and am not sure that I would if they did revive.

I miss having baths with toys. 

Also, has anyone here seen the James Veitch bit about ducks?

All around, I am in favour. 

Pizza. It's always some sort of food. Tbh am kinda leaning towards impulse buying food tonight too rather than cooking ...

The Crown. It's beautifully shot and acted and written and it's so rich in visuals and history and, look it's got pluses for everyone okay. History? Check. Drama? Check. Beautiful cinematography? Check. British accents? Check. 

What's something you know you shouldn't do but you keep doing? 

See above impulse buying of food. 

As well as pretty much everything in my life that I put off, except sleep which I get too much of.

I like cherries. And cherry scented things.

*starts singing: Rubber ducky you're the one you make bath time lots of fun...* Rubber ducks are a very important part of anyone's bath time routine, its just nice to be able to have a nice bath with a yellow friend after a long day of living. Everyone ideally needs a minimum of 50 rubber ducks in case of emergencies and to keep your bathroom in order. So I feel without rubber ducks the world would be a much less fun place.

giphy

I bought The Greatest Showman on DVD which I was intending to buy anyway I just got it sooner than I had planned. I'm actually trying to save money and limit my spending at the moment so I'm trying to decrease my impulse buys.

Some of the new shows I have been watching recently and loving lately include:

The Detail - A Canadian cop TV show, with an amazing female cast who I have the biggest girl crushes on. You should watch it because: we need more shows like this and its got a lot of depth to it.

The Resident - A medical drama TV show which I have no idea where it's going but I've yet to get bored of it yet. You should watch it because: since The Good Doctor has finished you need something to fill the void it's left in your heart and Greys Anatomy has way to much drama.

Alex Inc - A show about a guy called Alex (play by Scrubs alum Zach Braff) who is making his own podcast company. You should watch it because: Zach Braff is finally back on TV and it's a heart warming show.

giphy

Eating sugar, I know I rely on it too much but I don't drink coffee and it's my only real vice plus when I need a boost the chocolate just calls me.

Also watching too many TV shows but in my defence I have a fractured/sprained ankle and I am meant to be resting it so what else am I going to do - my assignments haha?! 

The smell of rain. Baked goods baking (brownies, cinnamon scrolls, cupcakes, cookies ... anything sweet). I like the smell of my cat (is that weird? But he smells like home to me. Unless he gets wet and proceeds to rub all over me after being out in the rain, he's not a normal cat!). One of the many perfumes I have and wear when I need a boost. Also my watermelon lemonade candle and raspberry rosewater candle from Dusk make me happy and my room smell like lollies Smiley Happy 

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Birdeyethat James Veitch video is hilarious! It's kinda started a Mod obsession (looking at @lokifish and @Bee here!) with rubber ducks haha. 

I was going to embed the video, but it won't let me..

How do you feel about ducks?

Well I had rubber ducks as a child and loved playing with them in the bath!

But I'm just quackers for the duck video by James Veitch! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Uhm I bought 10 sd card holders on ebay for like $2 LOL I legit have cases for all my sd cards, but I gave my last spares to dad! hahaha

I've been watching ATYPICAL on Netflix and I'm really enjoying it. I have learnt more about Autism from watching it, and it's a pretty cool show I think. Also, I'll bee looking up the shows @ErinsAntics mentioned Smiley Tongue

Staying up until late and sleeping most of the morning... I have no decent excuse except laziness Smiley Tongue but hey at least I'm consistent! Smiley Tongue

I have a perfume by Marc Jacobs and it's called Daisy Dream

Image result for Daisy Dream I also have little tiny samples of the whole collection of them! Smiley Very Happy

I also love Jasmine, Lavender. I recently bought a Lavender and Bergamot candle and reed diffuser from target - it smells amazing!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

This is a very interesting question as I have a LOT of feelings about rubber ducks. Some internet friends and I have a very long, complicated, and not-that-funny-to-anyone-else in joke about them, and it's a VERY FUN TIME. I am very pro rubber ducks. I keep one on my desk for long complicated in joke purposes.
Caremello Koala. No regrets.
I don't... really watch... TV. The football?
Sleeping in... oopth. It's so WARM AND SNUGGLEY.
uh... food. All. food.

They remind me of Sesame Street, because I'm pretty sure either Bert or Ernie really liked them. So purely for that association, I'd say I feel positively about rubber ducks and the nostalgia that comes with them.

A vegetarian parmagiana from Schnitz yesterday. It was delicious and I regret none of it. But food also tends to be my most frequent impulse purchase.

Orphan Black. Everyone should watch it because Tatiana Manslany (I probably spelt that wrong) is the most versatile actress. She plays at least 5 characters and manages to make them all unique. I often find myself forgetting it's the same actress for each of them. Plus, the plot is so engaging and unfolds just enough to keep you wanting more!

Spending too much time on social media. And avoiding filling out various forms.

I love this question and I wish I had a definite answer! Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies are pretty high up there...

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

I use to love rubby duckies as a bath toy! However, recently I read this article about the germs that can build up inside the duck - they cut it in half and found mould... and that has changed everything for me.

Marc Jacobs Twinkle perfume. Yep. Let's not talk about that.

TBH I have no time to be watching anything :sad:

HMM.. I guess there's many. But a main one is procrastination...

OMG @Bee I LOVE THAT SCENT (I may also own it..). I am a huge marc jacobs fan Heart

@honky oh no! D: (in regards to the ducks)

@honky OMG! Poor gross ducky! However yes I know the hazard. I remember being young and seeing black at the bottom of the duck! Soon after that duck was GONE! Poof! And then came another rubber ducky Smiley Tongue
(I could go on about this but I think refrain... Smiley Tongue )

It is soo good! Also marc jacobs perfumes are amazing!!! <3

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart