cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Recipe Exchange

Those are really delicious, we call them Truffles, but some like to call them Rumballs. 

Yo guys can we please add more recipes to this! I'd love to read more. 

Highlighted

Japanese Pancakes

Ingriedients:
4 large egg whites
2 large egg yolks
1 1/4 cups low-fat or full-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus more for serving
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Cooking spray for the molds and the pan
Maple syrup and fresh berries, for serving

Equipment:
Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
Large bowl
Rubber spatula
Large nonstick skillet with lid
4 (3-inch-wide by 2-3/4-inch-high) ring molds
Tongs
Small offset spatula or buter knife

Instructions:
Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. (Alternatively, use an eletric hand mixer and large bowl.) Beat on medium-low speed until frothy.

Increase the speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes more. Place the bowl in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the batter.

Whisk the wet ingredients together. Whisk the egg yolks, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
Add the dry ingredients. Add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk until just combined (a few lumps are okay).

Fold in the beaten egg whites. Remove the beaten egg whites from the refrigerator. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold them into the pancake batter in three additions until just combined (a few streaks of egg white are okay).

Prepare the pan and ring molds. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low. Coat the insides of the ring molds with cooking spray and space them evenly apart in the skillet.
Spoon in the batter. Spoon the pancake batter into each of the ring molds so that it fills them each slightly less than halfway full (you’ll use a scant 1/2 cup of batter in each).

Cover the skillet with a towel. Carefully cover the skillet with a clean kitchen towel (the towel shouldn’t touch the bottom of the pan or hang over the edges) and place the lid over the towel (if you have a gas stove, be careful that the towel is not near the flame).

Cook the pancakes 13 to 15 minutes. Cook, covered, until the batter has risen, bubbles have formed, edges appear dry, and the center just barely jiggles, 13 to 15 minutes.

Flip the pancakes. Working one ring mold at a time, grasp with tongs and quickly flip the mold. Carefully run a small offset spatula or butter knife around the inside of each mold to loosen the pancake, then gently push the pancake down the mold so that the bottom is in contact with the pan. Continue cooking, uncovered, until pancakes are set, about 3 to 4 minutes more.

Release the pancakes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Carefully run a small offset spatula or butter knife around the inside of each mold to release the pancakes again, then carefully remove the mold. Wipe the molds clean, coat with cooking spray, and repeat process with remaining batter.
Highlighted

Yummm!!!! I love pancakes @Animallover2003

This could be a great Christmas morning treat with the holidays coming up Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

These look AMAZING! Thank you for sharing - I went to Japan a few years ago and the bakeries were incredible. I've always wanted to make these. 

Check out our community activities calendar for March 2020 here
Highlighted

I love this thread and cannot wait to add to it! 😍

I'm at my parents for the holidays but when I get back home I'll have to pop some of my favourites up! The recipes are in my book at home.. kind wishing I had it here now cause I'm in the baking mood! 

I make these white chocolate and coconut brownies which are 👌👌 And this super easy choc peanut butter biscuit slice! 😍

Highlighted

Hey guys,

I just made these peanut butter and banana muffins and they're pretty bloody yummy so thought I'd share the recipe in case anyone wants to try baking them. I forgot how much I enjoy baking and what a distraction it can be 👌

20191231_151957.jpg

The link is below - mine just look a bit different cause I decided to add walnuts - defs adds to them 😍

https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Peanut-Butter-Banana-Muffins-Recipe

Highlighted

Hi everyone, I only just saw this thread and it's so interesting, I'd love to see some more recipes. Here's one that I have often, one of my favourite meals, if anyone would like to try it. 

RICK STEIN CARBONARA RECIPE:

Prep time: less than 30 mins.

Cook time: 10-30 mins.

Serves: 4.

INGREDIENTS:

• 400g (140z) Spaghetti.
  • 175g (60z) piece Smoked Pancetta, rind removed. Or you can use Proscuitto. (Both are like Bacon).
  • 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped.
  • Handful of fresh Parsley leaves, finely chopped (optional, I've never tried it with Parsley).
  • 3 large free-range Eggs, beaten.
  • 50g (1 & 3/4 oz) Pecorino cheese (or you can use Parmesan or another cheese you prefer), finely grated.
  • Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste.

METHOD:

1. Bring 4.5 litres (8 pints) water to the boil in a large saucepan with 8 teaspoons of salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for 9 minutes, or until al dente ("soft to the tooth").
  2. Meanwhile, cut the Pancetta into lardons (short little strips, or cube sizes), about 6mm/1/4in wide.
  3. Heat a large, deep frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the oil and the Pancetta and fry until lightly golden. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for a few seconds, then remove from the heat and set aside.
  4. Drain the spaghetti well and tip into the frying pan with the Pancetta, Garlic and Parsley. Add the beaten eggs and half the cheese and toss together well. 
  5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The heat from the spaghetti will be sufficient to partly cook the egg, but still leave it moist and creamy. Take to the table and serve in warmed pasta bowls, sprinkled with the rest of the cheese. Enjoy.

*I've tried this without Garlic and it's nice aswell, but I prefer it with Garlic. It's nice with either Pancetta or Proscuitto, both are like Bacon but a little bit saltier to me, those and the Pecorino are usually available at places like Woolies, Coles, etc. And you don't have to add the Parsley but you can if you want. Also if you want it to be creamier, you can add more eggs, about 5 or 6 in total depending on how creamy you want it. This recipe is delicious, one of my favourite meals.* Enjoy!