cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: School/Uni Holiday Fun

Great question @Animallover2003! Do you have any favourite holiday activities?

I always love a good art project!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Today is the last day of school for Australian students!

What do you do for fun in the school and uni holidays?

@Tay100 @Wathan @ayrc_1904 @Sunflower18 @roseisnotaplant @spacejam @Animallover2003 @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @rosiiboo96 @drpenguin 

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO thanks for tagging me!

I've been on break since November (uni life!) and I'm such a grandma when it comes to these things. My idea of holiday fun is literally doing a full clean out of my room (which is like a game of Tetris but instead of Tetris blocks its just mess) and I love doing cute (no pressure/low stakes) Christmas shopping with my friends. We act all domestic and cute and like we know how to budget and shop like real adults. My family and I also all become interior designers as we revamp the house for Christmas too!

images.jfif

Highlighted

A good spring clean is also so satisfying @Tay100! I may follow your lead and do a big clean out over Christmas!

Budgeting during Christmas can be a real challenge! Do you find shopping with friends helps you keep to a budget? When I am by myself I tend to go overboard with my Christmas gift giving!

Revamping for Christmas sounds like a great family activity! Is it something you enjoy doing together?

Highlighted

@Tay100  that actually sounds really satisfying!! I really need to do the same, everything looks pretty tidy until you actually open up cupboards.... eeek.

Did you ever watch the Marie Kondo series? I don't think I could ever be that tidy but it did look very therapeutic Smiley Wink 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Yeah we all just kind of joke about how broke we are and laugh it off, in a healthy way of course. It shows we aren't alone and lets us know that their is no expectation for massive gifts...we just like spending time together.

And we put up the same ol' decorations in the same places around our house every year. We do it together, yes, play some carols, and it's very ritualistic. Like to signal Christmas has begun.

What do your Christmas rituals look like?

Highlighted

Haha yes I've watched the netflix series! Loveee her ethos but that folding stuff is just not sustainable for me, I've found!
Highlighted

Nothing much @Jess1-RO.

I'm going on holiday to Sydney in January, which should be fun. I've never flown on a plane before, so I can't wait!

I also have a stress test in January. Just to make sure my heart isn't playing up.

Sewing is a good hobby to do over holidays! Up cycling clothes, or making use of them at home or give to someone else. It's so much fun!
Highlighted

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx  omg, can you tell me more about upcycling clothes? That sounds so interesting, I've never heard of it before!

Hope your Sydney trip goes well!

Highlighted

Hey @Tay100! Sure!

Up cycling clothes is where you... hmm... an example would be if you take an old dress, and snip off the skirt half. Then hem the top and turn it into a skirt! Or attach it to a shirt, and make it into a new dress!

Same with shorts. If you have long shorts, you can always just chop off a little bit at the bottom and the hem it to stop it from fraying! Or attach them to a shirt and make a playsuit or jumpsuit. It works either way.

So basically, up cycling is where you recycle old garments and create something new out of it!