cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your favourite quote(s) :-)

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if a similar thread has been created before, but I love quotes and I think it would be great if you could share some if you know any. Here are some of my personal favourites. :-) 

"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world."

- George Bernard Shaw

"You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say."

- Martin Luther

Happy sharing!

Re: Share your favourite quote(s) :-)

Love that Martin Luther quote @JanaG.

Here's a couple that I love:

"What you do every day matter more than what you do once in a while." 

- Gretchen Rubin

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself"

- Thich Nhat Hahn

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

- Albert Einstein

Thanks for sharing yours, @Lula :-)

I really liked the one from Gretchen Rubin!

Highlighted

Hi @JanaG! I absolutely love quotes and I think this thread is a great idea!

I have so many that I love, but my favourite is probably "This, too, shall pass."

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo!

I have heard that one before, and I love it! Smiley Very Happy

I'll post another quote for today:

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."

- Theodore Roosevelt

@JanaG My favourite quote is

"put it out of your mind until something bad happens"

Said by my mum to me when I was super stressed about something (I can't even remember what now).

Nice to have a personal contribution @StarLord. Thanks for that! :-)

I love this thread because I'm quite a quote collector! My favourites that help to inspire and motivate me are:

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - George RR Martin (A Game of Thrones)

“Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.” - George RR Martin (A Game of Thrones)

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)

"Don't let your morale flag. Be daunted, but not defeated. Remember: the spirit, above all else, counts. If you have the will to live, you will." - Yann Martel (Life of Pi)

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin