cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share your favourite quote(s) :-)

I love those! Thanks @Chloee :-D

@Chloee YAS! One of the best quotes in that book "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby) great share!

Love reading these quotes! One that I recently came across is from the Dalai Lama:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." (^ ^)

"Tante Marie knew the nature of this world. She roamed through it, saw it for what it was, and understood her place in it, her responsibility to those who dwelt within it and beyond. Now, slowly, I too have begun to understand, to recognize a duty to the rest, to those whom I have never known as much as to those whom I have loved. The nature of humanity, its essence, is to feel another's pain as one's own, and act to take that pain away. There is a nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness. I am a flawed man, with a violent past that will not be denied, but I will not allow innocent people to suffer when it is within my power to help them.

I will not turn my back on them.
I will not walk away.

And if, in doing these things, I can make some amends, some recompense, for the things that I have done and for all that I have failed to do, then that will be my consolation.

For reparation is the shadow cast by salvation."

- John Connolly (Every Dead Thing)

Thanks @Asche. I now have another book to add to the list of what I would like to read. :-)

Here's another for today:

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing."

- Blaise Pascal