cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skateboarding

I like making threads about my hobbies and fun things I like to do because it might encourage other people to try it and also I like talking about it. 

So this one is for skateboarding.

if you like skating too, awesome, maybe share what tricks you can or cool places you've been, otherwise this is like an AMAA about skateboarding Smiley Tongue 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Skateboarding

Geelong (Victoria) waterfront has a cool free skatepark you can plug your iphone into and play your music, view of the water too and a basketball hoop - no ramps though! @j95

I've been there! @Bree-RO my mate lives in Juc so sometimes after a surf we make the trek down there and have a bit of skate - its pretty cool, i think it has good lighting for night skating too, i hang out down that way a little bit because of mates.

do you skate @Bree-RO

Nice sounds lovely Smiley Happy  a mate to stay with in Juc is handy so chill @j95 I used to but a few years ago at that very skate park I broke my leg very badly and haven't since because I didn't get the physio required to take such risks hahaha Smiley Very Happy

@Bree-RO ouch!! thats not good Smiley Sad
but yeah it is handy i sometimes stay there if i dont feel like heading home after a surf, and its so nice and peaceful

I don't do much skateboarding anymore, but my friend and I used to skateboard down to the local skatepark and muck around. I would just go down small hills and try to steer. I was pretty unco on the skateboard, haha. I probably spent more time going down a hill on my stomach and sitting on the skateboard than standing. It was fun though. And when I was younger and more confident on the skateboard, my neighbour taught me to jump the skateboard to slide along a bar. I could actually do it as a kid. No chance now!!!! 

Hi! @j95.. okay skating. Fill me in. What three feelings does this hobby bring you?

When I did it I used to feel

- light

- focused

- free Heart

I wish I had more friends to skate with
@Bree-RO I'm over here now Smiley Happy

It brings me...

Freedom, and I feel like I can be myself around other people who skate and also just having the wind behind you and all that feels dam good
Safety
Happiness @Bree-RO