cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Study Stress and How to Overcome it!

@November13 I really like your take on this Smiley Happy It's such a good way of keeping things in perspective, trying to remember that although we want to do well and study stress is real, remembering all the things that we've already achieved and that there are always ways of moving forward.

Highlighted

hi @Mia238
great thread
im not currently studying but i have done plenty so im happy to share some tips with you

for me
-i had to pick a time that suited me and found what times i studied best. For me i was better at studying in the afternoon/evening/later at night so i would spend the day getting chores, work or whatever else i needed to do done that way when i was ready to study i wasnt stressing about other things and therefore more focus so i wasnt as stressed about the content or assignment etc.

- take regular breaks. every half hour i would just get up and have a drink of water or check the mailbox for some fresh air

-find ways of studying that work for you. some people just find it too stressful to read out of textbook. i found flashcards, and quizes on the topic i was studing quite productive and felt less like studying as well so i spent longer doing those activities.

-When it comes to different classes we know that sometimes a class has more or harder work to do so i often broke it up. if i had 3 or 4 things i had to do for classes i would start with the easiest/fastest ones to do that way they were out of the way and finishes so i could focus on the harder ones.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Exercise in the morning definitely helps me! 

Highlighted

I find that planning out what I'm going to do on a study day really helps Smiley Happy that way I find you're less likely to fall into the trap of feeling like you're never doing enough on a given day. when you've finished what's on the list, it's time to sit back and relax!Cat Very Happy Make sure to keep the list realistic though, otherwise it can get really overwhelming.

Highlighted

Fab idea @Mia238!!

Working out helps reduce my stress also, but I like to exercise in the afternoon because I am a slow mover in the mornings Smiley LOL Regular breaks and rewards are also super useful! I usually study for about 50 minutes and take a small rest. This stops me from burning out and makes a day of study more achievable/bearable. Another strategy is deciding on a finishing time at the start of a study day (i.e., 4pm). This means you work productively during the day and get to relax in the evening. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

The thing that worked best for me during the exam period was to maintain physical activity (stretches, walks), getting enough sleep at night, and taking regular study breaks. I find that when I'm just constantly glued to my chair without taking any breaks I'll less productive and I end up procrastinating more. Being physically active helped me stay more alert and focus more on the tasks at hand, this also ties into getting enough sleep! Sleep is so important because that's when your brain consolidates all the information you're learning! Heart

Highlighted

I have just finished my final university exams and found it pretty tough at times to keep motivated studying. I found that having a routine really helped me, so planning out what exactly I was going to be studying each day and planning breaks. I also would make sure I exercised regularly to clear my head and reduce stress. 

Highlighted

Congratulations on finishing your final university exam @mol1912 ! 

You're so right about having a routine and actually scheduling in study breaks because sometimes when I'm super stressed out whilst studying I forget to do anything else besides to keep on studying Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

Thanks @Sunnybear ! I'm very excited to be done haha. 

I totally agree, it's easy to lose track of time when studying. Having breaks for me was so important so that I didn't feel burnt out. 

Highlighted

@November13 I also really like your take on it, I think I'll try reframing my stresses like that! Something I really like to do when I'm studying is plan my week in a diary on Sunday night so I know that I've allowed enough study time for everything and know what's coming up and when I'm doing it so I don't forget anything.

@mol1912 I would like to add my congratulations on finishing your final exams awesome job! Smiley Very Happy

What do people do when they lose focus during a task i.e. any tips for keeping your mind on the task you are completing?