cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Re: Studying with mental health

@Bee ill be studying  online too and through tafe. I dont have supports  as it is let alone with study. Im looking as maybe studying  will help me both distractions and also try to set me back on the right path. 

@Birdeye im not sure.... id have to enquire with them. I didnt think mental health issus would come under needing more support/extensions if needed etc....

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

OMGosh!! This is such a good question and thread! 

Motivation: 

- A big one for me is REWARDS! I set a lot of mini achievable goals and when I complete them I treat myself. Holla Narcos and Breaking Bad <3 . 40 mins Homework = 1 tv show episode. 

- I also schedule in something super enjoyable everyday. Whether it be lunch with a friend of a game of touch football, I find if I have something I am looking forward too I am more likely to do stuff that I find challenging cause I know soon i'll be having fun.

Hi @Quaintrelle i havent met you yet so its loveley to meet you !

Thank you for sharing your tips Smiley Very Happy

@scared01Mental health issues are common ones that allow for more support, extensions, and other things as needed.
I know I've gotten a fair amount of extensions for mental health, and I've been offered alternate assessments along with my tutors and lecturers letting me know that they're there if I need to ask for something.

The people working on your course want to help you to succeed. Like, that's their job.
So, if you're up to it, I think it could be good to ask them if there's any help you can get.

Also, with being online study, do you think you'd benefit at all from the ability to be in touch with other students who are also studying? If so, do you know if there's anything in place to allow that?

I know that at my uni they've been creating more and more things to help online students feel less alone in their studies.

Oh thanks for that @Birdeye i handnt realised mh would class as that so will look into it. 

Most of thr courses im looking at are more short courses or just last a few months. Idont do well in groups all that much but if i ask theres usually tafe groups on facebook i could probably  find..

Sounds good Smiley Happy

As long as independent online study works for you, then that's all fine. it's important to know how you work best and to do that.

Thanks @Birdeye

@scared01 yay we can be study buds ๐Ÿ˜
Sounds like you've got an idea of how you hope it'll work out for you โ˜บ
I know with my course they have a study guide that you can use but I don't stick to it ๐Ÿ˜›

As @Birdeye said mental health absolutely counts towards help with study, extensions etc.
You can chat to your teachers about it if your unsure ๐Ÿ™‚

@Quaintrelle yay for Nachos!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thanks @Beewill have a think about studying  ive got alot on atm but studying is something id like to do so am trying to make it work..