cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Plans?

Hi guys!

Now that Summer holidays are approaching, my friends keep asking me 'what are your plans for the Summer?' And honestly, I'm not really sure. I think I'll go hiking, do some study for next year and spend time with my friends and family. But I'm sure I can fit more than that into 3 months!

So I'd love to hear about what you guys are doing  over the holidays, and maybe I'll find some inspiration. Smiley LOL

Re: Summer Plans?

My plans for summer holidays are to stay inside with the air conditioning. Or movies, also air conditioned. Or go swimming and try not to explode from the sun Smiley Tongue

@JanaG I wish you good luck on your hiking, as much as I love hiking, I don't know about doing it in the summer Smiley Tongue

Thanks @N1ghtW1ng :-) I normally go in the mountains, so it ends up being cooler. 

Movies are definitely on the list! Are there any out or coming out soon that you are interested in?

@JanaG Hiking in the mountains sounds so nice! Mostly this summer I'm planning to do lots of babysitting so I can earn money for textbooks next year! I also want to go to the state library. 

@N1ghtW1ng tbh 'inside with air conditioning' sounds like the best summer plansSmiley Tongue

Sounds good, @DruidChild :-) What do you study? Or are you in school still?

@JanaG mountains are a good place for summer hiking. I'd have to check to see what movies are coming out. I'm super into the superhero flicks (being the geek that I am Smiley Tongue) but sometimes other movies strike my fancy Smiley Happy
@DruidChild right? I love putting the air conditioning on cold then rugging up with a blanket Smiley Tongue
I'm honestly so not ready to give up long pants Smiley Sad

@JanaG hiking sounds fun!

My plans for the summer are working a bit more, writing, reading, watching movies, getting back into running (recovering from an injury now), doing some artwork, and maybe picking up a new skill (I'm thinking Muay Thai lessons)!
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

@JanaG I'm doing my bachelor of community welfare Smiley Happy What are you studying over the break? 

@N1ghtW1ng Honestly not getting to wear snugly clothes is the worst part of summer Smiley Tongue Usually I just do anyway and then nearly get heatstroke. I saw the trailer for Doctor Strange at the movies the other day, that's a Marvel movie, right? It looked pretty good. 

@DruidChild, that sounds interesting. What kind of job would you do once you're finished? I am doing a bachelor of psychology. Normally I buy my textbooks early and start my note taking. :-)

@Chloee learning a new skill sounds like a fantastic idea! Smiley Very Happy Glad to hear you're recovering and that you'll be able to get back into running soon.