cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Summer Plans?

@JanaG Note taking over the summer is a good idea, very organised Smiley Happy It must make the semester a bit easier!

I want to work somewhere in the mental health sector, in casework maybe or even as a peer support worker. 

Sounds great @DruidChild :-D

I'm hoping to do one uni subject during the summer term. It would be nice to get it out of the way so I have one less subject to worry about during the following regular academic year!

Aside from that, I plan on continuing to work, reading for pleasure, running, going to the gym more often, learning to cook a greater variety of foods, swimming in a rock pool, and generally getting rest and respite in preparation for the year ahead...! It will be nice. Contrary to my usual attitude, I am looking forward to summer!

Sounds lovely @peppermintpeony :-) Any books in particular that you plan on reading?

@JanaG I have a few on my list, though I'm sure others will crop up! The Invisible Gorilla, The Buddha in the Attic, The Willpoper Instinct, Mindfulness in Plain English :-) Is there anything you're pining to read this summer?

I haven't heard of any of those, but they sound good. Some that are on my list include: Love in the Age of Drought, Go Set a Watchman, Introduction to Psychoanalysis, and the millions of others that I have accumulated over the years but have never read. (I don't let myself even look at books anymore, because then I want to buy them Smiley Tongue ). 

Hey @JanaG!

Hmmm...my summer plans include working as much as possible, reading and watching movies. So, the usual, I gues, haha. But I am particularly looking forward to the new JK Rowling/Harry Potter-universe film Fantastic Beasts. Magic in America will be good to learn about!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

My summer holidays I am going to Stradbroke island with family and then when I get back I am going to be travelling and studying in Europe. I will be travelling through London, Paris, Swiss Alps, Florence, Rome, Vienna and ending up in Graz. Where I will do my overseas study short course. It is five weeks of travel and as much as it makes me nervous I can't wait. 

@letitgo sounds great. I saw the preview of the new film and it look really good. Smiley Very Happy

@jesseka_grace Wow, I'm sure that will be a great experience for you. What are you studying while you're over there?

@jesseka_grace Those travel plans sound amazing! Enjoy Smiley Happy

I'm hoping to buy a car off my parents and then start working part-time. Also want to continue my volunteering and swimming, and hopefully read lots of books. Maybe an impromptu road trip somewhere too? Smiley Tongue