cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Summer Plans?

Sounds good @lokifish Smiley Very Happy I love roadtrips.

@peppermintpeony @JanaG I love both your summer reading lists! Mine (if you don't mine me jumping in here) includes Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult and To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf (if I can find a copy somewhere...)

I know you've probably heard this from heaps of people, Jana, but be prepared when you read Go Set A Watchman. I was horribly disappointed, even though I'd heard bad reviews about it, I read it because I wanted to form my own opinion and went into reading it with some hope left. By the end that hope was gone. But I'd love to hear what you think if/when you end up reading it!  

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

You're not jumping in at all @letitgo! The whole point was to generate discussion Smiley Very Happy

Very nice list there. Have you read Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf? We read it for year 12 Literature. I've heard good things about Jodi Picoult, and my mum has a few of her books in our collection. I'll probably give her a go at some point.

I haven't heard that about Go Set a Watchman, thanks for the heads up! I want to reread To Kill a Mocking Bird first. And then I'll have to hunt down a copy of Go Set a Watchman. But I'll let you know when I get around to it.

Thank you @JanaG!

I have read Mrs Dalloway and I really enjoyed it, although at some points I found it hard to follow. I think I'd have njoyed studying it at school. What else did you read for Year 12 Literature?

I did Hamlet (my favourite play!) and Sixty Lights by Gail Jones, which was a really nice story - definitely one I'd recommend!

Yeah, I've read pretty much all Jodi Picoult's books and I love how she tackles such a wide variety of issues, including mental illness.

I know the Book Depository has a wide selection, and they have free postage/delivery, which is a definite plus! The Brotherhood of St Laurence also has a second hand book service and I've been told they're very well-priced.   

@letitgoWe also did Truman Capote's In Cold Blood and a book of Gwen Harwood's poems. :-)

Thanks for the recommendations!

@JanaG I did Mrs Dalloway and In Cold Blood for year 12 literature too! That was one of the few subjects I really enjoyed in high school Smiley Happy

@JanaG @lokifish I've added them both to my "to read" list! Looking forward to them! How have your weekends been? Smiley Happy  

@letitgoMy weekend has been good, thanks. Studied a lot yesterday, saw my grandparents today and then studied some more. :-) Now for some relaxing, I think!

How about yours?

@JanaG That sounds like a good weekend! Do you have exams coming up? If so, good luck!

My weekend was pretty good, thanks! I went to see the newly renovated Chadstone with my family and they have a Dymocks and a T2 (my two favourite stores), so that was great. My mum wasn't doing so well mentally and I poured a lot of my energy into trying to help her and ended up feeling exhausted myself, but I'm all better now.

Are you reading anything at the moment?

Yeah, I do. :-) Thank you!

Glad to hear you're feeling better now. Is your mum feeling better too?

Because of exams, not really. But I hope to soon!!!