cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Summer Reading

I love nothing more than reading a good book by the beach or under the aircon vent in the middle of Summer. There's just something about spending a lazy Summer afternoon reading which sounds nice, throw in a cold glass of lemonade with ice and you have a perfect afternoon in my opinion.

giphy

So I thought it would be fun to share books that you are either planning on reading or have read that make for perfect Summer reading. Summer reading at least in my books (pun intended) should be light, not to deep or dark and should make me feel happy (it can make me cry but I have to feel happy too!).

giphy

On my to read list I have the following:

• To All The Boys I Have Loved Before (and the other two books in the trilogy) - I really enjoyed the movie so I figure it might be time to read the book and other two books, plus you can never have enough Peter K.
  • Midnight Sun - the movie was amazing and even my sister who does not like Bella Thorne enjoyed it, so hopefully the book will stack up.
  • Five Feet Apart - this comes out on the 8th of January so I have pre-ordered and it looks like a good read. It's about two teens with Cystic Fibrosis and the move trailer looks good.
  • Things We Know by Heart - this was an impulse buy the other day and it looks like an interesting read. 
  • Save The Date - I read this book every two years or so I love it that much, so it will be a good book to reread. 

Here are my suggestions for those wanting books to read:

• The Last Wish of Sasha Cade - I cried in this book but it was SO good, I just loved the message of it and it was an amazing read. Think 13 Reasons Why but with positive letters that causes two people to fall in love.
  • Faceless - I read this book last Summer and really enjoyed it. It was a great read if you want something that will make you think but also isn't super dark. (I also recommend the author's other book RIP Eliza Hart but it's a bit dark and has mental illness themes)
  • Sarah Dessen (author) - you need a Summer read find something by Sarah Dessen and you have the perfect book, they are all stand alone novels so no getting sucked into a series and they just scream Summer to me. I love all her books but I am partial to Lock and Key. 
  • We Were Liars - the twist in this book is so unexpected and it's so good. I was in shock after reading it but in a good way. 
  • Engaged in Trouble - what do you get if you cross, a washed up popstar, ex CIA grandma and a murder mystery? This book! It's hilarious and I love the characters and storyline and I want an ex CIA grandma haha!

So who else has any Summer reading suggestions? 

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: Summer Reading

Yay! I love this thread! I've actually started reading 'To all the boys I've loved before' but I had no idea it was a trilogy, I saw the movie first (So against my moral code of: Always read the book before watching the movie) and it was so good, then I found out it was a book so naturally had to read that! Wow, I also had no idea the '5 feet apart' was going to be a book, I'm really hyped for the movie because it's loosely based on a young, inspirational woman called Claire Wineland I think who passed away a few months ago from Cystic Fibrosis. 

Those GIFS are AH-MA-ZING @ErinsAntics! I recently went to Comic-con in Brisbane and went to a panel of fantasy authors. One of the recommendations that I'm yet to read is 'The Cabin at the end of the World' they read the blurb and it sounded really mysterious and scary. I'm really into mystery and last summer I read 'Murder on the Orient Express' and I can't believe I didn't read it sooner! So good! My all time favorite book (actually it's a tie between this and the fault in our stars) is 'The Book Thief' - I've kind of got a thing for tragic stories Smiley Wink I grieve for like, 3 months and then I read another tragedy! The fault in our stars was by far, THE MOST HORRENDOUSLY TRAGIC book EVER, The book was literally soaked in my tears and (spoiler) I CAN'T BELIEVE AUGUSTUS (my love) DIED

Re: Summer Reading

@annabethxchaseI followed Claire Wineland's story and was devastated when she passed! I heard that she helped them to make the movie details more realistic and her hospital room(s) were used as inspiration. The movie looks really good, so looking forward to reading the bookSmiley Happy 

If you like tragic stories you should read The Last Wish of Sasha Cade - I cried throughout the book but it was SO good. 

I'm in two minds as to whether to read the book first or watch the movie first. It all depends on when the book comes out compared to when the movie is released. Ideally I like to read the book a few months before the movie comes out so that way you know the story but it isn't super fresh in your mind so you're not comparing every little detail. I'm looking forward to seeing The Hate U Give when it gets released in January - I read the book 6 months ago which is perfect timing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!