cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TV Show Club] - Brooklyn Nine Nine (Season 4 Episode 1)

Lets be honest reading books time and while reading them is great you have to be in the mood to read them where as watching a TV show can take 45 minutes or less! So while we do an amazing book club happening here, we figured we should also do a monthly TV Show Club.

Each month we will be nominating a TV show episode and having 5 questions to go along with that episode. 

How do we pick the TV and episode we will be watching exactly? I'm glad you asked! Each episode we pick will be on Netflix and we will try to pick popular shows and episodes (so no subtitles or weird Swedish Nordic TV shows). If you haven't watched the TV show it's totally fine but we recommend watching the episode because you never you might find a new TV show you like! (Also we are always open to suggestions of what to watch next so if you have a particular show and episode you want to watch then let us know when you answer the questions).

For the first TV Show Club episode we picked Brooklyn Nine Nine and we decided it had to be Season 4 Episode 1... which is Coral Palms Part 1 also known as Greg and Larry.

A bit of  background info Jake and Captain Holt have gone into hiding in Florida so they won't be killed by Jimmy "The Butcher" Figgis and its a bit of a culture shock to say the least.

Here are the question to go with this episode:

1. What would your name be if you went into hiding?
  2. Who remembers frosted tips? Do you think Jake can pull them off?
  3. Do you think Holt and Jake are handling things ok? If you went into hiding and how do you think you would handle it?
  4. What's your favourite part of this episode?
  5. Holt is trying to make the best out of a bad situation, what other important lessons can we take away from this episode?

And here is an amazing gif from the episode!

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: [TV Show Club] - Brooklyn Nine Nine (Season 4 Episode 1)

1. What would your name be if you went into hiding? Maybe something common like Laura or Sarah or Emily? I wouldn't want something that was memorable or could be traced back to my old life.
  2. Who remembers frosted tips? Do you think Jake can pull them off? One of the biggest hair trends for guys in the 00s. I kinda dig them on Jake I mean it suites his whole undercover persona but I am glad to see them go once he returns to the precinct. 
  3. Do you think Holt and Jake are handling things ok? If you went into hiding and how do you think you would handle it? Considering everything I would say they are handling things as well as to be expected. I don't think I would handle things well at all, mainly because I would loose my whole support system and have to rebuild things from the ground up. Also I would really miss my cat, I mean yes he can be crazy at times but he's my baby and I don't think you can take pets when you go into hiding...
  4. What's your favourite part of this episode? Seeing Holt trying to act straight is hilarious! You can tell he is despising it and you can't help but feel sorry for him. 
  5. Holt is trying to make the best out of a bad situation, what other important lessons can we take away from this episode? That sometimes when things aren't going our way we have to take matters into our own hands and take chances (whether they pay off or not is another matter but at least we know we have done what we can!). 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: [TV Show Club] - Brooklyn Nine Nine (Season 4 Episode 1)

What would your name be if you went into hiding?

Hm... Bruce Fitzenberg! Smiley Very Happy

it isnt fair andy samberg GIF

Who remembers frosted tips? Do you think Jake can pull them off?

Pfft I don't know Smiley Tongue I do not have a "fashion sense" (nor do I care Smiley Tongue)

Do you think Holt and Jake are handling things ok? If you went into hiding and how do you think you would handle it?

They're... trying Smiley Tongue As for me, I don't know... I wouldn't mind a change. A break from regular life, start fresh that sort of thing. 

weekend b99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

What's your favourite part of this episode?

Don't make me choose Smiley Tongue 

b99 GIF

Holt is trying to make the best out of a bad situation, what other important lessons can we take away from this episode?

Enjoy yourself Smiley Wink 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!