cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Re: πŸ³β€πŸŒˆ Trans community

Hi @ImJustConfused23 

It took me a fair while to realise I'm trans, and it's worth noting that it works for everyone differently.

(Just for context, I was assigned female at birth)

I knew I was gay for a long time, and my first hint was that I always preferred describing myself as gay rather than lesbian.

I didn't think I was trans because I'm definitely not a boy. 

I was really uncomfortable for a long time because I didn't feel like a girl either, so it was like I had nowhere else to go.

Anyway eventually I remembered this show I saw years ago which had interviews with people who weren't make or female, and that sort of fit.

Basically I don't fit into either binary gender.

Rather than being called he or she, I use they/ them, and I'm most comfortable with that.

I wear I mix of "male" and "female" clothes. I don't mind some parts of my body, but get dysphoric about others.

I have long hair, but prefer to hide my chest.

Also, you're welcome to talk about it here. Welcome to the forums!

Highlighted

Thanks that really helped Smiley Happy just wish I could speak to people in real life but none of my friends get it. 

Highlighted

being from WA myself, I was just curious
Highlighted

Hey, I'm trans, in east Australia. Been full time on HRT for 570 days now. Figured out I was trans since around 14 years, now I'm early 20s. Transwoman btw. It's really cool to see this thread on here, wanna chat to more Australian trans peeps. Gotta say, medical accessibility and support for trans people here in Aus has progressed leaps and bounds since my egg cracked, though we still have a ways to go.

Anyways, heya Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@ImJustConfused23 Hi again, sorry for the late reply!

You're free to talk about it here. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @TigerBalmBby!

It's nice to "meet" you! I'm non-binary.

Highlighted

[R] Hi @TigerBalmBby! I'm a non-binary trans girl

Highlighted

Finally I feel like someone's asked a question I can actually answer. 

So I'm trans and homeless. I'm homeless for a multitude of reasons, main ones being family abuse and trans opposed family members.

It's not that bad. It sounds like shit, but I'm away from where I was, and while to begin with it was really bad, I've grown used to never taking off my binder unless I'm showing, I've gotten used to feeling hungry because I'm too uncomfortable to go get some. I've grown used to that and now it's not so bad.

I'm staying in a homeless shelter, and I would hazard a guess that's where most people go. I wouldn't mind being on the streets either. I've grown up in a house where I was forced to sleep on a tiled floor shirtless, with no pillow, blanket or heater, so I'm used to the cold, not that I'd choose that over what I've got now 

Coping wise, it's better, I can be myself a little more, except for my voice, which is obviously a shitty thing, but I'm not complaining. I don't know how I'm going to deal with hormones when I finally get to the top of the list, but nothing is as complex as it seems. 

Honestly, everyone has been super supportive, especially the shelter I'm at. The youth here, not so much, but they don't know my story, and as humans, we all judge each other at face value, and I can understand and respect that. I've not faced much abuse as a homeless person that's trans to be honest, it's like a don't ask don't tell situation. If I'm honest, I faced more abuse at home than I do now. 

Centrelink and dhs have been so supportive throughout this, so supportive, everyone has and it makes me genuinely sad to know people actually care about me when they could care about others who deserve it more than I do. 

Hope this helps, if it doesn't then my deepest apologies, if it does than sweet 

Highlighted

Hi @MyNameIsAxel 

Thanks for sharing your experiences and welcome to the forums!

I'm glad you're away from that situation, it sounds like it was horrible..

You're welcome to talk about it on the forums if you need or want to.

Highlighted

Hey @MyNameIsAxel just wanted to second @Tiny_leaf's welcome to our community. Reading through your comment, it is clear that you are such a resilient person. While you haven't always been treated the way you deserve, I can sense that you are a really caring and giving person.

I'm so happy to hear that you're staying at a shelter and that they are supporting you. Do you know how long you'll be there for?