cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Re: πŸ³β€πŸŒˆ Trans community

@N1ghtW1ng ha, that's the exact concept I was thinking about! Thanks for giving me the words for it!!

I just got a new singlet which is soft and stretchy enough that I can actually breathe and wear it and it flattens my chest which is a really big thing for me because I'm not able to bind.

It feels so freaking good and it's stretchy enough to be a pressure stim as well and I love it Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Nice @Tiny_leaf!! Good clothes can make so much of a difference! It's great you found a singlet that you like! (maybe you should get some more Smiley Tongue)

Right now I am wearing my favourite sports bra with my new fav shorts and I love it Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Okay I’m actually so happy today I cut my hair and now it’s short and I passed a few times today and I’m not even on t or anything (I do look about 11 though.. but that’s okay because it’s an eleven year old boy)
I cut it myself last Friday and got it fixed today so that was really neat and for the first time in a while I actually like me which is an awesome feeling and also loving the positivity of this thread @N1ghtW1ng
Also @Tiny_leaf that’s so awesome you got a good fitting singlet! I’m so happy for you πŸ˜„
Highlighted

@not-an-otter that made me happy-flap Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

So erm... warning because some people might find this a bit gross (I certainly do)

I'm on my period atm. Not fun, but I can deal with it. 

But my medications are side effecting again, so I'm now producing milk for literally no reason.

And that combined with my period is causing dysphoria x 5. I won't be able to get that fixed for a while because of waiting times for an appointment.

Does anyone know how to cope with this oddly specific and slightly unusual situation? Because I definitely don't..

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

Thanks for bringing this up. I think it's a topic that lots of people avoid, but something a lot of people struggle with Heart It must be hard having to deal with your period and the side effects from your medications at the same time. 

You mentioned this being oddly specific and an unusual situation I wanted to let you know, lots of people go through stuff like this. Being that many spaces in society  still prescribe to the notion of a gender binary, it is hard to find similar experiences represented but I assure you that you're are not alone Heart 

There's an awesome site called Clue that have heaps of great information on LGBTIQA+ health that you might like. Two articles in particular I thought could be helpful to read are "Gender dysphoria and your cycle" and "Talking about periods beyond gender".

I did try to find some information for you in regards to your side effects. Most of the information was aimed at non-binary and trans men who chest-feed their children - so I thought it wouldn't be a good fit to send. Do you have access to chest pads or something of that nature for the milk? 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO oh the periods a very common one.

I more meant the producing milk as a side effect of medication at the exact same time as a period though.. that one's less common...

I can deal with periods okay, it's just getting it in combination with the other thing that's making me really uncomfortable... just yuck.

I don't need the pads atm, but I can definitely ask mum to get some if it get worse.

All the information I've found is for mothers trying to stop breast feeding which is also not a good fit......

The good news is that apparently birth control stops it, so when my period stops hopefully this will as well.

Highlighted

Gotcha @Tiny_leaf Dealing with both at the time would be super uncomfortable. I hope you don't have to deal with it for much longer Heart 

Is there anything that's helping to make you feel comfy while you're waiting for this to pass? 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO well wearing extra layers tends to help but... it's the middle of summer and I might literally melt...

No other ideas though unfortunately..

Highlighted

hey @Tiny_leaf

Do you have a binder or any other lighter items you could use to help with the dysphoria? One of my friends used to use boxer briefs as a way to help them feel comfortable - particularly during their period, as it was something they could just look at while they were on the toilet. It may also help to buy period products which don't require you to change them very often. For example silicon period cups only need to be changed twice a day, so you wouldn't have to see the period itself as often.