cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TwittRO

It made me a little bit annoyed when a news reporter this afternoon labelled somebody as 'mentally handicapped"... I didnt like that at all!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 My aunty has an intellectual disability. 'Mentally handicapped' isn't as politically correct but it's been a common term until relatively recently.

Lokifish: Sorry I've been absent as of late. I've been physically unwell again and am trying to juggle year 12 exams at the same time.

Redhead: just got my new glasses, yay I can see again.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@j95 I agree, I'm not sure I like it either..

@lokifish Hope you're feeling better soon! And good luck with your exams. Finals can be really stressful so make sure you take extra good care of yourself. Just remember there are way more important things in life than exams Smiley Happy

Bee: Found this comic this arvo which made me think of everyone here and I think describes mental illness so well! Smiley Happy enjoy

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png

(Edit: Made pictures bigger to read them more easily)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee didn't Beyond Blue share that on their facebook page?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I don't know, a friend shared it from another page and I just saved the images to share here Smiley Tongue (will investigate Smiley Happy )

EDIT: Yes Beyond Blue did share this on their facebook page! (I posted the images here as a friend shared them on FB)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Great comic and very inspiring Smiley Happy

What a great day, woke up grumpy decided it would help me if i went to Crossfit, now having a beautiful smoothy at work on my tea break. Ended up being a nice day
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

@Bee - Hey! I'm still here!

I do jump on the forums occasionally, but unfortunately I have been living with a slightly dire internet situation all this year - 3GB per month - seriously. I've been really busy this year too, finally finished my uni degree and graduated, and now studying Commercial Cookery at TAFE, as well as working and gardening and such.

How are you going? 

May'swell make a little post while I'm here...

Georgie: Having a quiet night by myself while the boy is out. Attempted to finish tax, but discovered that what I had already done didn't save. Gave up on tax.

Hey @lokifish,

Get well soon and good luck with your exams! Remember to check out RO's tips to help you through exams if you need it. Smiley Happy

blithe