cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TwittRO

That's frustrating, @Richardman, do you mind if I ask why?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Oh, no, @Richardman ! What's up?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Richardman What's going on for you on your end? 

Cuddling up with a plushie in bed and watching Jane the Virgin Season 2 Smiley Happy

Is it any good @Myvo ? I've saved Season 1 to my to watch list on netflix.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie Completely worth watching! 

I absolutely adore Jane the Virgin - Rogelio and Xo forever Heart

Hey guys, I just find my family to be overwhelming at the moment. Like today, I only bought presents for my mum and my KK. And my Aunty and sister had a go at me cos since I bought a present for mum I should've bought a present for the rest of the family, (including my step-mum - whom people don't seem to understand I will never forgive, let alone buy a gift for).

I understand that it is a difficult time for my family as it is the first Christmas without my brother, but I don't need to put up with it. I've been trying to take control of what I do on Xmas day, and where I go, but I'm struggling as i am constantly made to feel bad and selfish. My family always seems to need me around, but they don't get that I prefer to do my own thing.

Hope everyone has an alright Christmas today!
And I kinda hope I can get some sleep.

Hey @Richardman, that sounds like a really difficult thing to deal with, negotiating your own independence while having to deal with the entitlement of other family members. It might be difficult to remember while you're amongst your family members, but it is perfectly okay and not selfish at all to want more independence for yourself and not have to share your time with family members that you may not particularly like.

Do you have any ideas or strategies about what you might do if dealing with your family gets a bit much?

Hope you have a great Christmas too @FootyFan26!!