cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TwittRO

Hey @Richardman, I think it is very healthy to be thinking ahead to your future, it's not fun to be stressed out over it though.
I admire that you keep at it even when courses in the past haven't worked out.
In terms of the optimistic view and the realistic view, what are they in the context of your courses?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Why... Can't... I... Sleep?

It's driving me nuts.
Highlighted

@Craycray17 I think where the problem is that I don't realise or won't admit that I'm struggling or that I may not be able to handle a course until it's too late. With this current online course I'm doing, I've gotten back into it but they are threatening to kick me as I'm not keeping up (I have already used a year of extensions). And I feel like saying I can do it, but in reality can I? The last thing I need is added stress from falling behind again.

Hmm, have you thought of talking to a course counsellor, or even talking to anyone you know who is also doing the course for pointers? You may not know anyone as it is online though..hmm

It can definitely be hard work to stay ontop of course work, I totally understand that! Is there a way you can schedule your time to ensure that you absolutely stay ontop of the course work for a little longer? How long is the course?

@Richardman

@Richardman, I'm going to bed now, but I'd love to continue this chat tomorrow?
Hope you get some shut eye in a bit too Smiley Happy

not so great, I was just thinking about things and got upset @Craycray17 you know when you cry and give yourself a headache? that's what happened, paired with this awful cold/throat thing (which is getting worse by the minute) it just made me want to cry even more.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 I think crying whilst sick is one of the worst feelings ever!
Hey how are you feeling this morning? I hope you hot to sleep not long after.

Did you want to talk about what made you upset? Here for you

@N1ghtW1ng Hope you had a good snooze and your dog is all g. Did you ever show us pics? If so i missed them! Noooo. Also i had no idea you did Ju Jitsu that's so cool! What rank are you, what's your favourite throw? 

@Richardman Would love to talk through the study stuff with you, definitely a struggle I can relate to! Do you want to make a thread? 

@j95 sore throat and the sads at the same time? That is not very fun at all. Hopefully you're having a good snooze right now too. I think the sadness is something that you have to let happen a little bit, it seems to me that it's a part of a pretty natural (but not fun) process coming to terms with this loss. What do you think? And regarding the sore throat, i hope you have some of that nasty tasting medicated throat gargle thing, and get heaps of rest and chilling out time today. 

@FootyFan26 hope you got some sleep in the end mate. And again, I think it's part of a process to have these feelings and that you kind of have to give yourself a little space to let them happen. I don't know if that helps... hmmmm. I think i have to learn some more things about grief and loss. 

@Craycray17 Thanks for the offer to talk about why I was upset but it sort of just happened, I saw something earlier in the night on the Internet that made me a bit sad paired with the stuff about my dad, I sort of needed to just have a cry even though it was awful. 

@Ben-RO Thanks, I think I agree with it just being part of the process. I always try and push it away and tell myself it's not ok to be upset about it but I cannot keep doing that (which is something I would not have said this time yesterday). I had the worse sleep and then I just realised it's been raining all night and I left my car window open, I'm really winning at life right now. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//