cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Vegan or vegetarian?

@lanejane vegetarianism/veganism does make you super conscious of animal products in everything!! Animal products are not overly obvious in a lot of foods. Regardless, I think sticking to a completely vegetarian/vegan diet is something that needs a lot of consideration and knowledge. I occasionally eat seafood (I live at home, so can't exacly avoid mum's food all the time), but I still call myself a vegetarian because I make a conscious effort not to eat meat and meat products when I can. Whether you decide to be vegan or just cut down on meat products, the important thing is that you're eating a healthy and balanced diet, and that food doesn't become an obsession or a worry for you.

If you are looking for some recipe inspiration there are some amazing vegan cookbooks out there @lanejane I really like Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Romero's books (and Isa's blog The PPK has loads of free recipes on it too) as well as Chloe Coscarelli who veganises really normal, yummy every day food. When you first get started it does take a little meal planning, but like most things once you get into the swing of it it just becomes second nature.

Highlighted

@lanejane - I think that's the best attitude to have to be honest. It's great that it's given you some perspective, and I think its great to just go with whatever suits you best. 'Vegetarian' and 'vegan' are just labels (like anything else), and our beliefs or choices don't always fit neatly in.

All the best Smiley Happy