cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virtual Sleepover :)

OKAY EVERYONE! IT'S TIME FOR LOKI TO CLARIFY EVERYTHING! Smiley Tongue

Yes, daylight savings indeed started on October 7th. This means that about half the country (NSW/ACT, VIC, TAS, SA) moved forward one hour, while the rest (WA, NT, QLD) stayed the same. There are normally 3 timezones in Australia, but during daylight savings there are 5! Smiley Surprised

If we are starting our sleepovers at 7pm AEDT then I have created a helpful image for us all. Check which state you're in, and then whichever time is on the map will be when it shall start for you Smiley Tongue

Australia-Map-google-colours-730x526.png

But first we must answer the all important question: ARE WE GOING TO HAVE A PILLOW FIGHT?! Smiley Tongue

OMG this may be the most helpful thing I've ever seen @lokifish! Thank you so much! @litgym and I were WAY to confused lol Smiley Tongue Heart

indeed-harry-potter.gif

@annabethxchase it's definitely confusing when you first learn about it! The problem with living in such a big country is that what works down south (going forward an hour) often doesn't work up north, so we end up with weird situations where South Australia is somehow further ahead in time than Queensland 😂

Totally @lokifish Smiley Very Happy ! And then SA, next to WA is 2 1/2 hours ahead what the heck?!

ahhhh thanks for being so helpful ! @lokifish

and yes we are definitely having a pillow fight !!!

I’m in wa so it’ll start at five for me but that all right i might just be a little late 

Highlighted

Sorry four

Haha @Joop12 Not really a 'sleepover' for you then! Smiley LOL