cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weddings!

Apparently it's wedding season. I've no idea what that is, but I am going to a friend's wedding in a couple of weeks time, and I'm already trying to figure out what to wear! I've actually never been to a wedding before, but I still LOVE weddings and wedding pictures and wedding things and weddings everythings (actually I think I just like pretty thing), so anyway let's talk about WEDDINGS! 

Have you ever been to a wedding? How many weddings have you been to? Tell me about your favourite wedding! 

They say every little girl dreams about her dream wedding. What would your dream wedding be like? 

Any tips for choosing what to wear to a wedding? 

Re: Weddings!

graphiqual wrote:

Have you ever been to a wedding? How many weddings have you been to? Tell me about your favourite wedding! 

They say every little girl dreams about her dream wedding. What would your dream wedding be like? 

Any tips for choosing what to wear to a wedding? 

I have been to 3-4 weddings - At African weddings they dance a lot and the wedding party dances and that is my fave part. I never dreamnt of a wedding honestly even though I am older now I still would like something small and cheap but my dream wedding would have my fave colour which is red Smiley Very Happy 

I think you need to go with what you look good in, something appropriate and elegant just in case they take pictures of you that will forever be in a picture book, you always want to look good Smiley Happy

@ruenhonx - That sounds awesome, I've heard about weddings from different cultures which are really different from ours, some which go for days!
I think I'm a massive dreamer (way more than I was when I was a kid haha) and also a bit of a drama queen, so at the moment my dream wedding would be something fancy and extravagant.... But somehow I reckon I'll probably think differently when the time comes! haha Smiley Very Happy

Hahaha I love that you are so honest. When you say fancy and extravagant do you mean like the cinderella traditional wedding with hundreds or people. I'm actually watching Four Weddings and there are some really interesting weddings out there Smiley Very Happy 

Haha okay, not extravagant in terms of lots of people, because I don't like people lol. But fancy and extravagant in terms of everything else, especially my dress!! haha Smiley Very Happy and decorations!
Never heard of that show, might look it up... there's this blog called green wedding shoes that I really like looking at, just for fun, you can find pretty much every type of wedding there...
Gosh, I'd really like to have a harry potter wedding, now I think about it.
Okay, yes, I am such a dreamer.

I agree it is wedding season , I think it's the idea of having wedding photos with the tress changing colours.
I worki in an ice cream van and I work at weddings as part of the reception . I am working at one tonight and the are becoming increasingly popular. I myself have been to about 15 weddings because my parents know alot of people and I have worked at about 20 weddings . At some wedding we wear a tie with out work uniform but when I'm not working I think I always were a nice suit or if you dont have suit to wear a nice shirt and black or Gary pants.
My girlfriend likes to wear nice dresses and if she doesn't have one she can just borrow one from a friend

My dream wedding is a simple beach wedding at our favourite beach , it's hard to find and the is no one there.
My favourite wedding was a simple one , it wasn't fancy, it didn't have a lot of people and it was undercover at their house.

JJR

Have you seen that show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? Talk about extravagant weddings! Plus most of the girls are 16 and when I think about the wedding I would've wanted at 16 compared to now I absolutely cringe!

Now I think I would be very happy in a small venue overlooking the ocean with colourful cocktails, a ukelele player and lots of tropical flowers. Oh and a groom, a groom would be very important in this scenario.

@ElleBelle - that show is amazing and so outrageous. It is amazing how they wear so little clothes at a wedding what an interesting culture. 

When I was eight I was flowergirl at my aunty & uncle's wedding. Aside from that I've been to 3 or 4 others, all of which were  family.

I'm 16 at the moment and so still have a looong time to go, but I actually don't think I want to get married (the whole tradition seems so pointless) If I do, it'll probably be similar to my parent's wedding - low key with only family and a few close friends. It seems much more intimate than the 'Cinderella' weddings (which is what my aunt & uncle had)

@Elle: Some of their dresses were very extravagant! And the bruises some of them got from their dresses - eeek! Some were just insane....

A groom would be a very good choice for a wedding Elle! Could you imagine a wedding without a groom? It's be a bit awkward, there's a bride but no groom.... (That is of course if you're hetrosexual - I think you should be able to marry your partner if they are the same sex too!)

I've been to at least 4, I might have been to weddings when I was younger that I don't remember but I'm not sure. I've been in the bridal party twice! I was flower girl when I was 5 or 6 at my grandma's second wedding. I wore a little blue dress with gold sandles and a pretty little blue teardrop necklace which I still have - though it doesn't fit anymore. A few years latter I went to my uncles second wedding - I might have even gone to his first - not sure. And I wore a dress - no idea what colour or anything, all I remember is that it was pretty Smiley Happy

I went to my second oldest brothers wedding a few years ago, and my dress choice was very bad. An il-fitting skirt which flared at the bottom and a top which is best worn with pants! And then I had silver shoes with black stockings! It was a shocker - haha! And last year I went to my oldest brothers' wedding where I was bridesmaid, and wore a fuchia pink dress which faded to black at the waist them back to fuchia pink at the bottom which fell just below my knees. I then had black lether sandles which we stuck pink diamenties onto the flower, it looked soo cool!

My favourite wedding was my oldest brothers - where I was bridesmaid. It was low key, but it was amazing. I loved the way he did it Smiley Happy

As for dress, I would go something formal but not too formal that you could be said to be in competition with the bride Smiley Tongue Wear something that you're comfortable in - something that you're always adjusting and fiddling with not only looks bad but also makes the event much less enjoyable. Hope this helps, others have said some good suggestions too! Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart