cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your New Year's resolutions?

Hey guys!

Another year has come and gone and now, it's time for a new start! Smiley Happy We've all encountered the good, the bad, the ugly and the extraordinary - maybe some of these things came in varying amounts. Regardless of whether it has been a terrible or a fantastic year, it's a time to reflect on ourselves.

So I was wondering: 

> If there is one thing that you've learnt this year, what is it? 

and 

> What are three resolutions that you have for 2014? 

I'd say that what I've learnt is that, it is alright to ask for help - and you really should if you're struggling, regardless of how much pride or how stubborn you are. My three resolutions are: 

1. Read 20 novels for leisure (not for uni or any work-related stuffs!)
  2. Learn a new language
  3. Be kinder to others and to myself

Re: What are your New Year's resolutions?

Cool idea for a thread Myvo!

One thing that I learnt in 2013 is that I'm capable of more than I think I am. I think I said that about 2012 too, but it's true. I did some things last year (2013) that I would never ever have thought I was capable of at the beginning of the year Smiley Happy

I also learnt to be more flexible and realised that it's not the end of the world if plans change, and that things won't fall apart if they don't go according to the plans I've made.

I don't actually have any concrete resolutions yet, so I'll have to have a think and get back to you on that!

great thread Smiley Happy

What I've learned during 2013:

It's ok to be a little be selfish sometimes, especially in the name of protectng your own happiness when dealing with a person that might not be so good for you anymore.

Three resolutions for 2014:

1. Don't just think about doing something, take action and do it!

2. Get better at keeping in touch with friends (I'm actually the world's worst texter Smiley Tongue)

3. Over and above everything else, be happy Smiley Happy

I hope you all have a fantastic 2014! 

Highlighted

I don't really make resolutions but this year I definitely aim to be happier and healthier and enjoy my life more Smiley Happy

Happy New Year Guys!!!!! Smiley Happy

The one thing I have learnt this year is to not doubt myself and to just throw myself into what ever I'm most afraid of doing. I have found that I can really amaze myself when I just try.

Three resolutions for this year:
- Walk more often.

- Avoid procrastination when it comes to assessments.
- And to get in contact with my Japanese host parents and host students.

" Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

Hey everyone. Smiley Happy Happy New Year!

It's interesting reading everyone else's lessons and resolutions. Smiley Happy

One thing I learnt from last year is that I need to work on taking the time to relax and spend time on my own.

My 2014 resolutions? I've decided not to really have specifics as such. Instead I'm promising myself to keep growing and learning as much as I can and also to improve my self care. Smiley Happy

1. Try to get at the front of Paramore mosh pit next week (and if that happens, try not to sob with excitement)
  2. Be healthier, and by that I mean eat less junk, do more exercise and drink less alcohol and more water. 
  3. Save enough money to go to SuperNova in the middle of the year and do Cosplay! (geeky alert) I'm going to make my whole costume by scratch! 
  4. Raise money and awareness for ReachOut and start planning things I'd like to achieve by the end of 2014.
  5. Study more and spend less time procrastinating 
  6. I'd really like to start a Youtube channel, so maybe that's something to think about...

What are three resolutions that you have for 2014?

Okay, so I've had a think and my three resolutions are:

1. To complete my 365 book from kikki K.

2. To live in the moment more.

3. Look after my health better (both physical and mental) through regular exercise, mindfulness, eating well etc.

@dreamcatcher You'd get along well with my sister I think. She's going to Paramore next week too and regularly does CosPlay at Supanova Smiley Happy. She has met some really awesome people there, I'd like to go myself one day!

One thing I learnt in 2013: To take time to breathe; that I'm allowed to take things slow.

My new years resolutions:
1. Stop overthinking things and just do them!
2. To be more responsible with the (little) money I have.
3. To limit how much I drink when I go out, have fun without the alcohol! "Drink when you feel good, not to feel good."

And plenty more! 

Everyone talking about cosplays and such, I've got so many planned so that would be a goal for me to do them all and rock it! And watch more anime!  
2014, the year for fun! 

@delicatedreamer True that! Going with the flow can be pretty fun. Haha, take your time with resolutions. Sometimes, I think it's better to have none Smiley Tongue so that by the end of the year, you can reflect on all the awesome things you've done Smiley Happy Living in the present is also something that a lot of us forget as well as general health - it's great to know you're wanting to take more steps into making life more enjoyable Smiley Very Happy

@Chessca_H Yup, it's important to look after yourself first. Being a bit more selfish also means more chocolate! Smiley Very Happy I love your first resolution - to take more action! Smiley Very Happy

@Jay-Dee Simple but awesome Smiley Happy I do believe that most of us forget about ourselves and to enjoy the little things in life. 

@Kirdybirdy Be fearless! Yay! Smiley Very Happy Ooo~are the Japanese host parents and host students from a recent exchange or an exchange in high school years or a penpal? 

@Lightuptheworld It seems so many of us are trying to learn or have learnt to be kinder to ourselves and to relax more ><" Good to know I'm not the only one! 

@dreamcatcher Paramore~Heart That's quite the feat - pretty sure I'd be too afraid to enter the mosh pit ><" SupaNova is a lot of fun Smiley Very Happy particularly with seeing other peoples' cosplays, seeing and meeting guest stars and seeing all the merch. Plushie merch always makes me cry a little because I want them all!  I met James and Oliver Phelps (George and Fred Weasley from Harry Potter) 2 years ago, which made one of many fan-girl dreams come true Heart 

@inmyhead Haha, you and I are alike. I overthink everything! And yup, you can have fun without alcohol - can be a tad hard sometimes, particularly when there's pretty cocktails everywhere Smiley Tongue But it's definitely worth the effort. Smiley Happy