cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What music helps you cope?

Aah tonight I'm super obsessed with Ruby McKinnon AKA Flower Face's album Baby Teeth, it's so soft and soothing but the lyrics hit home really hard. 

"Everything here reminds me of you and it's getting harder to sleep

the sheets on my bed still smell like your skin
and it makes me sick, you make me sick, but why did you have to leave?" 

@DruidChild actually I let other people on Youtube make the playlists Smiley Tongue But then I rename all the songs, add the artist and add an album picture to all the songs. Including numbering them so it's all nice and neat. It's a bit tedious but I like the order.
Michael Kramer also composed the Lego Freemaker Adventures! (Another fantastic LEGO show I should really finish watching, with more fantastic music). He's a TV music composer, IMDB has a nice list but I don't recognise anything else that really stands out. Except for Thor: The Dark World as a part of the Music Department (whatever that means Smiley Tongue)

New to the forums? Say hello over here with a range of quirky questions!

That's smart haha @N1ghtW1ng! Ooh I love nice, tidy lists they're so satisfying. I didn't even know you could do that on YouTube, that's cool Smiley Happy 

I looked him up, apparently the lego ninjago score recieved some awards!

Recently The 1975 (one of my favourite bands at the moment (✪‿✪)ノ) released a song called Give Yourself A Try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyq5eZTSq-A

and I've been listening to it -almost- constantly for the last week.

I understand if you don't like it, or if it isn't exactly in you music genre but I have other songs which I find really great for coping Smiley Very Happy It's just this one makes me feel really happy and as if I could take on the world.

The Light Behind Your Eyes - My Chemical Romance (really powerful and really helps me)

Anti-D - The Wombats (something that really changes my mood)

Someone, Somewhere, Somehow - Super Whatevr

Broken Cash Machine - Modern Baseball

Thanks for reading Smiley Tongue

@MyUsernameIsThis The light behind your eyes the light behind your eyes the light behind your eyes omg MCR is one of my top three bands and I adore that song!!!!!!!! Sorry I'm just really excited omg omg Smiley Very Happy 

I'll have to give Give Yourself a Try a try Smiley Tongue Do you like Pink Lemonade or Lemon to a Knife Fight by the Wombats? 

Highlighted

Dear music, 

Thank you for being with me when I can't sleep at night and I'm up late crying. Thank you for soothing me enough to calm down and rest, even when I want to die so so badly. 

Thank you for making me feel like I'm not alone - like other people understand what it's like to feel this way, like there is a meaning in the pain. Like there is reason and beauty in my existence. 

Thank you for giving me something to scream and shout to, to let go of all of the anger hidden in my chest. For letting me forget my problems and jump up and down singing and just be young for once in my life. 

Thank you for never leaving even when everybody else does. Thank you for drying my tears and helping me breathe through the anxiety and filling the hours when they seem bleak and endless. 

You've saved my life day after day. 

Love, 

me 

@DruidChild I love this thread!

Music has really helped me too. Soooo many times I've played Demi Lovato on repeat so I don't have to think/feel. So definitely anything by her, but Skyscraper in particular.

And lately, 'The Difference' by Missy Higgins has been helping me. Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Demi Lovato is a really inspiring person @letitgo! I adore the music video for Cool for the Summer, it's so fun and happy Smiley TongueI'll have to give Skyscraper a listen... Smiley Happy 

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 142 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors