cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Which country are u from and what religion do u follow! :D Go diversity! :D

Hey,  @Doni99 . A great post idea!

I'm Australian-born myself. My mum emigrated to Australia from what was then Yugoslavia and is now Croatia. So I have got bad body odour, but my dad is German way back so at least I don't have a sense of humour! Ha, dad was born here to Australian-born parents, but, as I say, has German antecedents. I've never been to Croatia or Germany, unfortunately. My travel has been limited to the region - New Caledonia, Thailand, Indonesia. I'd love to visit Europe one day, though.

And my religion? I'm baptised as a Catholic, but am not practising. I can't say that I believe in any deity, though the Tree of Life film written and directed by Terrence Mallick did make me question my atheism, even if only momentarily. I'm very much influenced by the arguments of Hitchens, in particular. Still, I do believe in life beyond this one. 'Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another', Einstein proved. We live forever. So too do the people who have passed from this life continue to live, only in another form. They can be heard in the wind, seen in the flight of a bird. That's what I believe, anyway.

@Pi It's so cool that you've travelled to different places. Smiley Happy

I'm born in Australia and come from an aethist family and a practising catholic family. I was baptised as a baby, when through communion and the other stuff in primrary school and have now decided to adopt the faith of Bookism, an ancient religion of readers. There are several branches of Bookism, one of which includes Potterists, practising Potterheads. Personally, I don't really have a single faith, I just believe in Bookism. It's pretty cool. Instead of church and praying, a Bookist reads. (Potterists or Potterheads read the Harry Potter books and so forth) I am currently involving myself more in the Adventure Bookism of old books. 

Bookists accept all things, including magic and unicorns, do not discriminate (unless reading a particular series with a false portrayal of vampires) and it's a pretty cool religion. 

So yeah. 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I'm from Australia - unfortunately, I haven't had a chance (or the money) to go anywhere else yet, but I'd love to live in Norway at some point in my life. Australia is a great place to be, though Smiley Happy

I'm not religious - I identify as atheist. Mum likes to tell me it's 'just a phase'... Smiley Tongue I doubt it, but I try not to argue with her over it. 

@Magga wrote:

I'm from Australia - unfortunately, I haven't had a chance (or the money) to go anywhere else yet, but I'd love to live in Norway at some point in my life. Australia is a great place to be, though Smiley Happy

Why Norway, @Magga?

@Magga &  @Lex: I find it interesting that Norway's come up too. My boyfriend's Swiss but wants to move to Norway after high school/uni, and the other day he was teaching me some phrases in Norweigan Smiley Tongue (En, to, tre!)

@Lex - It seems like a really nice place to live, just in all ways Smiley Tongue my kind of weather, beautiful scenery, the country as a whole seems quite open minded (for example, did you know that same-sex marriage was legalised there in 2009?). I also like a lot of bands that come from there. The only problem is that it's pretty expensive to move and live there...but hopefully I can get around that Smiley Happy

@lokifish - that's really cool! I started learning Norwegian near the end of high school, but then got caught up in assessment and never ended up getting back to it. Maybe I should...

Hey guys,

Great discussion idea!

I was born in Australia but I have a full Italian background on both sides of my family. I actually went to Italy these past winter holidays which was sooooooo amazing because it was summer over there! I got to meet some of the relatives, however this was kind of awkward because my mum is the only one out of my immediate family that can speak Italian, so my dad and us kids kind of just sat there all day while my mum tried to translate Smiley Frustrated But it was still a great experience!

As for religion, I was baptised as Catholic, however I don't really practice my religion. I pretty much only go to church on Christmas and Easter. 

Gabi

The origins of Xiera:

Born and raised in New Zealand, and yes I am indeed Maori.

Lived in Australia since the age of 12/13.

Religious views of Xiera:

Evolution really makes the most sense to me, however I have taken a very great interest in Buddhism.

Cat Wink  Meow

Hello Smiley Happy

I'm originally from Norway. I am what you can call a full blooded Norwegian, and my biological family goes all the way back to the Vikings. So I'm a Viking. Moved to Australia almost 4 years ago on my own with no travel companions to pursue a life on my own. In my mentality it was litereally a life or death situation because of how horrible things were for me in Norway.

I've never been into religion. When I was a kid, fellow kids thought it was odd that I didn't follow a religion as all they knew was to follow a religion, because of what their parents believed. But religion was never part of my upbringing. If any religion, it might have been Christianity, but in such a mild form that it wasn't even talked about. 

Personally I'm against religion, but it's not something I blow out to people and try convince them that religion is all bullshit. Although this is not a two way street. People with a passion for religion, especially Christianity, feel the need to preach it whenever, wherever - and they seem to have no respect for anything or anyone, because they know the "truth".

I have an abortion clinic up the road from my house, and every day, and I mean *every day*, you can see a bulk of people from a cult of Christians praying to end abortion. And apparently this been going on for several decades. It's sad that people can't find the peace in their heart to leave other people alone.

@LadyDinosaur being a Viking is pretty much the coolest ever haha, I'm jealous.

I'm half Indian, half Tasmanian. My dad moved here with his family when he was a kid. No one picks it though, they think I look more Greek looking. 

Don't follow any religion now, but was raised Christian