cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Who do you most admire and why?

As in celebrities? I really admire some of the things George Carlin (RIP) said in his jokes, especially in the last fifteen, twenty years of his life. I don't know if this is stuff he believed off stage, but I think it's pretty cool he said those things. I'd post a video of it, but I'm not sure if that would be too offensive for this forum, because a lot of what he had to say had this real edge to it.

As for real people, there's not really a lot of people I'd say I look up to. I guess my old Extension English teacher in terms of actual intelligence, because I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is as smart as he is. Also, my old year advisor, because of his general attitude towards life.

Okay...

The second person who springs to mind that I admire is Graham Chapman, one of the members of Monty Python, because despite having a severe and debilitating addiction to alcohol he took the initiative, fought against his addiction and won. He also battled bravely against cancer, and although he eventually passed away, he stayed positive, laughing and joking right till the end.

The first person to spring to mind is my partner. He has faced so much in the last two years, and is proving to the world how strong he is even in the face of terrible times.
I'm so proud of him <3

Super cliche but I would have to say my mum, she came from nothing and made everything for herself and our family, not my parents are amazing actually, hey work like crazy to support us, run marathons, do social work, are involved in the community, the list goes on. Literally she is super mum, plus she gives me money when I'm poor even if I don't deserve it Smiley Wink

A person I admire is myself. I mean, also on the list are my parents, a few of my teachers, comic characters, fictional idols and so on but I also admire myself. My resilience, my strength, I've faced a lot these past years. They might not sound like a lot to other people but to me, they've all mostly been a big deal but I'm still standing (well, I'm sitting right now but the idea comes across anyways). I admire how I stand up for myself and what I believe in, I don't cave unless it benefits someone I care about. I'm lucky I'm me and the people I have around me.

That is all Smiley Happy
N1ghtW1ng

A person I admire is Sia... She is someone who has lived through really tough tough times and figured out what she needs to be happier and healthier (being creative, singing, hot showers, hanging with animals, leaning on your friends/family, reaching out to professional help, not drinking etc)

These old reachout videos are awesome!!!

Steven Hawking!! The new movie 'the theory about everything' has made me admire him!

I admire...

Those who devote their lives to helping others and earn a living (or volunteer!!!) around supporting other people to become their best, protecting those who are vulnerable and just being awesome selfless individuals.

Adam Goodes. Regardless of other peoples opinions is on this whole Adam Goodes situation, I personally admire him. Not only do I admire him for his football skills - one of my favourite players of all time, but I admire him for being able to use his public figure to speak the truth and stand up for himself and others.
He asserts his pride in his heritage and has enormous talent. It makes me really disappointed to know he is not playing a game he loves to play because other football supporters are putting his pride, bravery and talent down.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I admire anyone who can over come something terrible in their life and still come out on top stronger than ever <3

I admire people who change their situation; those who go back to study; who drop everything and start afresh; who change direction and swim upstream. People who decide 10, 20, or 40 years down the track that their current path isn't the thing that makes them happy anymore and they set about chasing down what does. I love that. It has a bold fearlessness and takes a strong love of self to leave behind the familiar in pursuit of happiness.