cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Who likes Gangam style?

It's certainly been the viral sensation of the year. What other 'Youtube sensations' have you guys liked?

I gotta say I still think the Antoine Dodson 'Bed Intruder' thing is still my favourite. :-)

Highlighted

No I am over hearing about it! 

Highlighted

@RAWR_hehe wrote:

@InspireAll wrote:

ME!!!

OP

OP

OP

OPEN GANGNAM STYLE !!!

WHOSE WITH ME? Smiley Happy

i think... *oppa
not open Smiley Tongue

means oppa is gangnam style or something

Yep. And "Oppa" means something like 'big brother' or 'older uncle'.

The song/video is actually a subtle parody, lampooning the behaviour of the people who live in the wealthier districts of Seoul, with Gangnam at its epicentre. He tries to behave like them by going to the beach (but it's just a children's playground), dancing in a nightclub (but it's just a fancy bus full of old people)… and so on.

Lyrically, he talks about being great at drinking coffee, as coffee is seen as a luxury item in South Korea. There's an ongoing joke in Korea about women who spend $2 for a bowl of ramen so they can then afford to spend $6 on a coffee, just so they can be seen drinking it.

There's quite a lot more than meets the eye in Gangnam Style Smiley Wink

These guys certainly do!!!! Smiley Very Happy

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||