cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Who's excited for Halloween?

It's that time of the year when I get all excited about decorations and lollies and pumpkin everything! So I thought to create a space for all things Halloween!

If you're just as thrilled about Halloween as I am (please say you are), here's some questions so we can be excited together Smiley LOL

What's your favourite Halloween memory? 

When I was younger my school would have pumpkin drawing and carving contests as well as haunted houses for the younger kids. I think that's why I'm so excited about Halloween pumpkins whenever I see them. I have a friend in the US and we planned to go to a pumpkin farm near her place together. Of course that's not happening any time soon but I hope we'll be able to do that soon enough!

Any costume suggestions? What's your costume for this year/What would your costume be if you had to pick one?

I've never really had a costume but if I had to be something I would be a witch! Simple and may be I can even reuse something from my closet

What's your favourite Halloween treat?

I always get Resse's Peanut Butter Cup because I feel like I have to. I mean, it's orange, it matches the theme. Right now I have a pack of Halloween cookies sitting on my desk as part of the decor Cat Wink

Really, just give us everything Halloween/autumn/treat-related you like. Or anything at all! I'm all about celebrations!

giphy

Highlighted

Re: Who's excited for Halloween?

hey @November13! Great thread; Halloween is such an underrated holiday and it definitely deserves more love Smiley Happy

It's cliched but  think my favourite memory would just have to be trick or treating as a kid. Just getting to go out at night when usually you would be in bed, passing other people in costumes and knocking on doors, and of course, sorting out all your loot at the end of the night Cat Tongue

Any costume suggestions? What's your costume for this year/What would your costume be if you had to pick one?

I haven't had a chance to dress up in a while but I would love to go as a plague doctor one year:

Plague doctor - Wikipedia

Super spooky! And you can poke people with your cane!

I agree with November, Reese's peanut butter cups are amazing!! Would never say no to a Snickers bar or a Time Out, either

Highlighted

@TOM-RO the plague doctor costume is so cool Smiley LOL And yeahhh the snickers bars! When I was a kid I would always ask for a snickers whenever we went grocery shopping. It tastes different now that I'm an adult but still great!

Highlighted

Hi @November13 , thanks for making this thread, I love watching scary movies and dressing up for halloween. 

My favourite halloween memory is going trick or treating with a friend when I was a kid. I remember knocking on the door of one house and seeing a scary spider decoration in the window, then running away out of fear! My friend and I still laugh about this memory today. 

Any costume suggestions? What's your costume for this year/ what would your costume be if you had to pick one? 

A few years ago I dressed up as Pennywise the clown, and temporarily dyed my hair red for the costume! I really got into it that year haha. I always think dressing up as something spooky for halloween like a zombie, vampire or creepy clown or something is fun. I love using face paints and makeup to really bring the costume to life.

I would have to agree with you @November13  I absolutely love Reeses peanut butter cups, they are sooooo good. 

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Highlighted

Probably all the amazing Halloween parties my late October born friends hold!

I feel like DIY is definitely the way to go this year, nothing like a bit of a homemade charm given what this year has been like. It's more fun creating them that way too.

Probably the Halloween themed cupcakes you see at many bakeries/cupcakes stores right now! Love seeing the designs

Highlighted

Does anyone have any good scary movies you recommend? I love scary movies and am looking for some new ones to watch this weekend for Halloween. 

Highlighted

@mol1912 haha I love your story! The kids in my suburb don't go trick or treating but if I ever move somewhere where it's a thing I'll be ready with my full sized chocolate bars and probably no spiders! If you want a real scary series The Haunting of Hill House or any Insidious movie is great. I'm watching Case 39 at the moment, I'm not far into it yet but so far it's awesome!

@Tay100 yass DIY for the win! And I live for seasonal treats, they are the cutest!

Highlighted

@November13  Awesome suggestions thank you! I have seen the haunting of hill house and absolutely loved it! I will have to give insidious a go because I have never seen it but heard it's pretty scary/awesome. 

Highlighted

@November13  yeah I know that?! Like don't get me wrong I love seeing professional/celebrity costumes like this:

But DIY has its charm too! (So excited for Kmart to open again in VIC the arts and crafts are gonna go off!)

Highlighted

Loving this thread! 

@mol1912  we've been gong back and watching some classic scary movies at my place lately - we watched The Shining the other week, The Poltergeist the other night, and we watched The Mist a few months ago. 

@Tay100  love a good home-made costume! So glad to hear that things have opened up just in time for some crafty goodness. Not sure if trick or treating will be happening around where we live this year (it's meant to be awful weather and people are still pretty cautious with covid) but I'm tempted to do pet costumes as well now...

Cute Cats in Halloween Costumes - CUTE CAT GIFS

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here