cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's your role model?

I've got two! My sisters!! Cause they always care, they have this way of being so kind and sweet but honest at the same time and knowing when to do things and when to hold back(a skill I wish I had). They are away at the moment and I miss em, they'll be home soon though!!

Who's yours and why??

Re: Who's your role model?

Awesome thread idea @dontstopmenow Hmm, Jessica ( Smiley Wink ) Watson was always a massive inspiration to me Smiley Happy She defied everyone's expectations and went on to achieve one the greatest feats in history Smiley Happy I'd also say Malala Yousafzai, She was shot by the Taliban for promoting rights and yeah, she's very inspiring Smiley Happy

Also Cleopatra, like she got AROUND! She got with Julius Caesar AND Mark Antony, as well as being the last Egyptian Pharaoh Smiley Happy

This is a fantastic thread, @dontstopmenow! It sounds like your sisters play such an important part in your life Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here
Highlighted

What an excellent thread!! It's awesome that you have two amazing role models in your sisters @dontstopmenow Smiley Happy Thanks for creating this thread! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

@annabethxchase nice role models!! Sometimes famous people can be great inspirations to us, even if we don't know them Smiley Very Happy

I can't think of mine right now... but I find inspiration in everyone I meet (including you amazing people!) and you all rock.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

My role model is my dad. I have learned soo much from him that today even if I represent 1% of the values that he has inculcated in me, I would consider myself the most fortunate person. Growing up, I have seen him go through soo many ups and downs but the one thing that remained untouched was his 'will power' and his 'beliefs'. He used to always tell me and still tells me that never take failure as the end of something, rather just outgrow from it and take it as a lesson as this will only make you wiser Heart

Your dad sounds like an amazing person! I love that saying, it's just so helpful in everything. He sounds like a really great role model. Heart

@dontstopmenow Thank youHeart

Great idea for a thread!

My role model?
Hmmm.........
My role model would have to be my youth leaders, or a valued church friend/chaplain. Youth leaders are great, because they care about you so very much. Especially when you can't share anything with your parents, even if you wanted too. My friend, she's just amazing. To amazing for words. No word could describe how amazing she is. She is a chaplain, and kids ministry coordinator. She always has the right words to say when you need them, and I cannot explain how kind and helpful she is to me. Like a mentor, but better!

That sounds really lovely @xXLexi_Lou122Xx and I am really happy that you have someone in your life that you can look up to like that.

My role model doesn't just fall onto one person, not really, because I have come across so many amazing people who have helped me so much over the years..from overcoming school/VCE anxiety, helping me with my food eating problem, always encouraging me, teaching me and listening to me when I need help. As well as coaches for sport have had a really big impact on my confidence and sense of achievement and self-value. 

But my most recent role-model would have to be my headspace youth health nurse because even though I hadn't spoken to her in a long time, she remembered me so well and didn't judge me at all when I talked about what was going on and she asked all the right questions and got me help when I really needed it, as well as constantly checked up on me to make sure I was okay. She really feels like a mum and whenever I am around her I feel happy and I want to smile. She means a lot to me because she has helped me so much with relationship issues, sexual health advice as well as mental health with depression and anxiety. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't met her. <3