cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Writers Thread!

Writer problems: meaning to write but spending the night on the forums instead Robot LOL

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng speaking of writer's problems, am I the only one who gets so attached to random background characters that I've just made that I end up with like five protagonists instead of one?

I swear that's half the reason I don't write stories that often.. Smiley Tongue

@Tiny_leaf my stories may have... way too many protagonists, yes Smiley Tongue Until I get overly attached to one and forget about the others. The problem is, the one I'm attached to keeps changing so I end up with a rotating cycle of a mess Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng haha, same..

My new strategy is to change point of views so I can focus on each of them, and try really really really hard not to fall in love with too many.. I think it's a losing battle though... Smiley Tongue

Just throw a party for them all @Tiny_leaf! (you'll never win this particular battle Smiley Tongue) I usually change POV's too, it's such a great way to give more characters love while still trying to keep writing Smiley Very Happy

@N1ghtW1ng oh my gosh I now want a party with all my characters!! Smiley Very Happy

Knowing me though I'd feel the need to make invitations for each one and never get any further than choosing the best font.....

It's party time!

And I want to introduce you all to one of my fledgling characters. She's not fully developed and her story is nowhere near finished (or started) but I want to share her with you all anyway because I like her (and I need to be doing something productive right now Smiley Tongue)

ANYWAY her name is Lani and she's an aspiring chef living in a hellish kingdom ruled by a selfish warlord who executed the royal family to take the throne. Until, of course, the warlord learns that he didn't actually kill the entire royal family and the prince actually escaped under the guise of a servant (RIP poor servant boy who died in his place). So of course, the warlord now sends the towns into a panic has he tries to find the one person who can actually stop him, a little boy with the rights to the crown. Lani's friend, Isaiah, is a suspect of being the prince given his open dislike of the warlord, correct age and close build. And off they go on and adventure!

And because this story will never go anywhere, this story came from the idea of having a lost prince who is actually trans and "hiding" as a girl (although it's not actually hiding because they are a girl) who also had a close male friend who is the faux-prince. Lani is the prince, and Isaiah is her friend.

It's inspired by those stories where people will hide as their opposite gender to escape or whatever except instead of it being a cover, it's their actual gender. Because I felt like it.

@N1ghtW1ng I love that idea!! Also omg a trans fantasy character?!?!

Ahhhh so I haven't done any writing in weeks, but I applied for a writing job today. That's something, right?! Smiley Very Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //