cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Writers Thread!

It was a way to express some thoughts and feelings @Hozzles .

Character building is lots of fun and it's something I think I need to work more on. I really like to world build though and then see how people would react in that kind of environment and build from there. It all goes together in the end. 

That piece of writing I did is the first lot of writing I have done in ages! 

It's not from anything - it was something that just came to mind in the moment. 

There is a little twig flying through the wind. It is so small and thin that even a very small child could snap it easily in two. Frail and small. The wind picks it up higher carrying it over fields and roads. Other trees watch as it passes by, each tree hugging onto its family afraid to let any pieces go. Most succeed and keep their branches and leaves in check. The wind isn't too strong today. Only the weak get taken and churned up in the wind, our little twig is no exception. And our little twig is broken. If you look close enough you can see residue of tree sap bleeding from its body. What did this little twig do to deserve to be separated from its family? Somewhere out there, there is a tree calling for its baby. But it will never hear. 

Suddenly the wind stops and the twig falls to the ground. The voices of the trees stop too, for there is no wind to carry their cries anymore. Perhaps the little twig can rest now? Taking one final look and a gasp of breath, the little twig smiles for he is at last at home, surrounded by the Earth from which it came. 

@mspaceK that is very beautiful, and very sad. You've got me feeling sympathy for a twig now...

I don't know why that made me laugh when I realised we're feeling sympathy for a twig Smiley Tongue @Tiny_leaf 

Also thank you! 

Smiley Very Happy Writers have a weird ability to do that.. 

I once challenged a friend of mine to write a cheerful poem about an apple. It.. was more of an existential poem about an old apple core, but she was very happy with it.

And you're welcome!

That sounds really cool @Tiny_leaf . 

@mspaceK It was, and I was impressed... she's a really good writer, but I think she finds cheerful poems a bit boring.. 

I see. 

Well good stories have good conflict! 

I like reading emotional grip taking stories @Tiny_leaf 

Very true @mspaceK..

I like emotional stories, but then if they're too emotional my hyper-empathy kicks in.

Though I have a weird habit of finding "depressing" song lyrics weirdly uplifting..

I think I understand @Tiny_leaf . Sometimes listening to a depressing song makes me feel better at times. Odd but true.