cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

food and cooking fanatics - introduce yourselves!

hi everybody! i hope you all are well!

I though I would start up this thread for those of us who love talking about food, cooking, baking, etc. and we can talk about recipes, food that we've made and so much more! Feel free to rave about favourites, dislikes and pretty much everything else. Feel free to share photos of food that we should try to make, or something you would recommend to try!

I'll tag a few users to get the party started:

@mspaceK @scared01 @WheresMySquishy @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @Tiny_leaf @Bananatime04 @DruidChild @N1ghtW1ng @hellofriend @Cheeseburger @SomeoneNADJS @blissfulhope  @mrmusic @letitgo @redhead 

I'll kick it off with a few questions:

1. What is your favourite food/snack/lolly/chocolate etc.?

My favourite food is chicken wings in a soy sauce marinade, favourite snack is cheese and bacon shapes, my favourite lolly is red skins and favourite chocolate is Twix.

2. Least favourite food/snack/lolly/chocolate etc.?

Least favourite food is risotto, avocado and blue cheese (who would let a cheese go moldy and then eat it?), least favourite snack is those weird japanese biscuit things that taste sweet but they're salty at the same time (what is that about??), least favourite lolly is musk sticks (you have 2 and feel sick :/) and chocolate is cherry ripe :/

3. What food trend do you hate? e.g. bubble tea, charcoal foods, sushi etc.

I don't like charcoal foods. What on EARTH is the point? I love bubble tea and occasionally sushi.

4. Do you like sushi?

Occasionally. I only like tuna sushi, preferably without avocado, but when I don't want sushi, I either get dumplings or a teriyaki chicken rice bowl, but that still isn't that good :/

5. If you were able to get a bathtub full of ice cream and toppings (you don't have to get in it but you can if you want to!), what flavours and toppings would it be? Would you make it a spider (add soft drink - which one?) or leave it?

I would get vanilla, because it's simple and a classic, as well as rocky road. I would make it a creaming soda spider. For toppings, I would have mNm's, brownie chunks, cookies, cheescake, donuts - just literally anything that is cake and sweet! Smiley Happy

Re: food and cooking fanatics - introduce yourselves!

Great thread idea! Unfortunately I cannot do this.. sorry
But I hope you get some good replies!

that's ok @Bananatime04 ! hope to talk again on another thread!

love and hugs, 

blobby Smiley Happy

Ok... great thread idea @blobby...
But there's quite a few questions............
1. I like nearly all food, but my favourite meal is Butter Chicken with Saffron rice, and really garlic-y Naan bread. My fav snack, would have to be a bowl of Ice-cream or custard, never the two together... My fav lolly would be fantails... THEY ARE SO DELICIOUS. Though... they are a bit hard. Anything caramelly is my fav. My fav chocolate is... bubbly mint. Soooo delicious!

2. I agree with you on the musk sticks. Blehck! I absolutely hate carrots and avocado. I will spew if you feed even the slightest bit of it to me, it's that disgusting! My least fav lolly? Spicy skittles! I mean, who would do that? Ruin sweets, by putting spice into it? Preposterous! I absolutely hate DARK CHOCOLATE. So gross. Not sweet. But completely bitter. Disgusting!
3. I HATE SUSHI!!!!!!!!! SEAWEED IS DISGUSTING AND SO IS EVERYTHING IN IT. WHO MIXES SEAFOOD WITH RICE????? Please excuse my huge capital rant..... I've never heard of bubble tea, but I'd love to try it. Ok... WHO INVENTED CHARCOAL FOOD???!!!!!! Smiley Mad
4. ABSOLUTELY HATE SUSHI.
5. Oooooo.... I really like-y this question........
Anything Salted Caramel, Choc mint, Triple swirl, all flavours except liquorice, peanut butter, Dark chocolate, all the things I hate....
Toppings? Flake, bubbly mint chocolate, Caramel sauce, werthers originals, fantails, eclairs, minties, watermelon slices(lolly), etc. And depending on when I feel like a spider (not look like one Smiley Happy ) I'll choose creaming soda, lemon solo, lemonade, all but coke, pepsi related drinks...

That's me! Can't wait to hear everyone else's responses!

very nice @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ! I would so join in on your bathtub of icecream!

I tried Spicy Skittles yesterday and I must say I was a little concerned... but after about 64 more I wasn't entirely in disgust Smiley Happy

I really like dark chocolate, a nice treat when I'm on a diet (starting one tomorrow - eek!). 

Certainly give bubble tea a try, and I can't disagree with you on sushi - I'll eat it but only one type and only from 2 sushi places (i'm a little bit picky haha)

But I'm riled about the Charcoal food thing - we should start a protest against it! WHAT PSYCHOPATH MADE BLACK FOOD (I have nothing against the colour black - the food i don't get - of all the colours you can make food you make it black?!)?!

great minds think alike as they say Smiley Happy

love and hugs, 

blobby

Hi everyone! Cool thread!

My food preferences are always changing. I don't really have a lot of favourite foods. Some of my favourite cuisines are Italian and Mexican. I usually prefer savoury food over sweet food. Among the savoury food, I eat Vegemite every day for breakfast and as a snack on crackers and I eat a lot of pasta and salads too. I usually eat my family's traditional Middle Eastern recipes every day too. Some of my favourite sweet treats are ice cream, frozen yoghurt and marshmallows, although I am probably somewhat lactose intolerant so I can't eat too much dairy. I also like snacking on fruit such as apples.

I don't like eating a lot of popular biscuits because I find them too heavy. I have never been a big fan of sweet biscuits. I have never liked coffee and other caffeinated drinks. I don't like eating raw meat. There is one dish in my family's cuisine which is called mulukhiyah. One day, it just started making me nauseated and I never went back to eating it. Smiley Sad I have also eaten lamb brains, although I didn't know what they were at the time. They weren't that bad though.

I don't eat bubble tea and charcoal foods but I eat sushi occasionally. I tried kombucha once but it wasn't very nice. I'm not sure why people like it.

4. Do you like sushi?
I made sushi once! I only eat sushi that doesn't have any meat or fish in it. I think I prefer summer rolls to sushi.

5. If you were able to get a bathtub full of ice cream and toppings (you don't have to get in it but you can if you want to!), what flavours and toppings would it be? Would you make it a spider (add soft drink - which one?) or leave it?
My stomach hurts thinking about it! Maybe dairy-free sorbet would be better for my stomach. My favourite ice cream flavour is choc mint. I also like vanilla. My least favourite is probably caramel. I used to eat Ben and Jerry's a lot so I would put some in the bathtub. Maybe I'll put tapioca balls, chocolate sauce and cookie chunks as toppings. I wouldn't make it a spider because I haven't eaten soft drinks in what feels like years.

I really love your answers @WheresMySquishy ! thank you for replying!

I'm a huge fan of frozen yogurt as well! Marshmallows are also a necessity in life - i don't care what anyone says!

I don't like coffee either - it's iced chocolate or go home!

I don't get the whole thing with kombucha - my english teacher drinks it like it's water - probably not good (if you have too many it can get you drunk!)!

Definitely try bubble tea if you get around to it - get black tea because green tea is a bit nasty :/

That's so cool that you made sushi though! I made it once in year 6 when we were looking at Japan as our termly topic.

Your ice cream bathtub also sounds fantastic!

Have a good night!

love and hugs, 

blobby Smiley Happy

Nice thread @blobby . Took me a while but I am finally here to post. 

1. My favourite food would have to be veggie burger salad wraps or taco burritos with lentils and the el paso taco spice mix. I really love roast sweet potato and salad and sweet chile sauce. 

When it comes to sweets I love sour coke bottles or skittles. I also really like having tea and dunking in biscuits, as well as ice cream with soft drink. 

2. My least favourite would have to be anything fishy or white sauce creamy dish. Both make me want to gag even just smelling. 

3. A food trend that I really don't like is meat eating because I would love it for there to be more vegetarian options and for people not to be so opposed to the concept of me not wanting to hurt animals. But hey - everyone makes their own choices. And I won't talk someone down just because they eat meat because I used to too. Heck - i love chicken schnitzels. 

4. I have never eaten sushi but I did once try seaweed and I wasn't a huge fan. Just not sure what type would be good for me to try. I'm vegetarian and semi- vegan. 

5. Cookies n cream with pepsi max soft drink or vanilla coke or raspberry coke. Yummo. 

That's me! 

Great thread @blobby !!

I just can't pick an absolute favourite. But I love licorice, can't say no to a cheese board, mission trips and avocado are another fav, and plain salt or salt and vinegar chips are a win for me. If we're talking meals - i love wood fired pizza, or a good noodle salad bowl. 

Hmmm tough one. I'm not a fan of plain ice-cream. And i don't eat meat or fish - i never particularly enjoyed fish. 

Not a fan of the delivery / uber eats trend- even though i certainly use it from time to time- because of all the plastic and packaging! 

4. Do you like sushi?

Yes I like non-fish sushi - I LOVE miso soup. And i enjoy a miso eggplant, and a tofu rice bowl. 

Love this thread @blobby 

As my username may suggest I kinda love food haha

1. Favourite food in terms of a meal would have to be mexican - I love tacos and burritos, but pasta and asians cuisine are very close seconds. Favourite snack is mac and cheese or any kind of baked good (especially donuts!). Favourite lolly are sour worms. Favourite chocolate is a classic snickers.

2. Least favourite food is ginger! I can't stand anything with ginger in it including stir fry, curry etc. I also dislike bacon, avocado, and most cheeses. Least favourite lolly is definitely liquorice! Least favourite chocolate is anything mint chocolate.

3. I hate the avocado food trend. As someone who dislikes avocado... everything is now served with it.

4. I love sushi! I prefer sushi trains or restaurants as opposed to little sushi shops in shopping centres but I'd still eat it any day.

5. Oooo I'd have coffee ice-cream with snickers chunks all through it, marshmallows and cheesecake bites - YUM!