cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

online friendship making!

Hi guys! I am new to this forum writing thingy.. But since most people have to stay at home because of the virus I thought why not start connecting with people instead of being a lonelybum.. SO lets introduce ourselves and people can reply to those they are interested in talking to. I'll start Smiley Happy

My top interests? I love to make people laugh, I love to try new foods! I game, at the moment im playing pokemon & animal crossing, im interested in science, selfwellness, culture, arts.. 

What im currently doing? I work part-time as a waitress and I study full-time... but I dont think I want a job in what im studying but im still planning to finish and then figure out what I really want to do. I'm 18 and live at home w my mum.

Last shows I've watched: The Simpsons and Sex Education

Places I want to go to one day: Japan and Italy

Goals in lyf: to feel at peace, to one day have my own home, to make a great group of friends, to do adventurous things like skydiving or somethin

Re: online friendship making!

Hey @Symphony7! Welcome to the forums! Heart You're absolutely right, keeping connected during this time is very important, and I'm glad you found ReachOut! Smiley Very Happy

It seems we have a lot in common! I would also love to travel to Japan and Italy, I love science, arts, etc, and I love Animal Crossing! Heart

I love that you included your goals! It's such an important thing to maintain a positive image of the future right now. I feel like I have similar goals Smiley Happy. Are you currently taking any steps to meet your goals, I was wondering? What's some everyday things you can start now to feel more at peace with yourself? Smiley Very Happy
And also -- skydiving is so much fun (though I admit I did do it a while ago). I've been both skydiving and bungy jumping, so shoot any questions my way. Smiley Tongue

We also have an introduction thread here if you'd like to answer more silly questions! Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Hi @Symphony7! Welcome to the forums! It's lovely to meet you. Smiley Happy

Like you, I'm also spending a lot of time at home at the moment. I also love Pokemon and Animal Crossing!
I made a thread where fans of Animal Crossing can connect here.
I've also watched a few episodes of Sex Education, though my mum has watched more than me. I'd love to go to Japan one day!
I've never gone skydiving, but I once swam with sharks.

Someone else also made another fun thread here with some questions we can ask each other while we're self-isolating, if that's something you're interested in. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Heya @Hozzles , you've made this thread so wholesome, thank you! It's nice to meet ya..

I think staying at home has actually given me the opportunity to have sometime to recollect & think about my life. (But I still hope we dont have to stay inside for too too long). I started keeping a notebook to keep track of my goals and to just mind dump which has helped me feel more confident, and I'm starting to incorporate more stretching and some exercises into my day - it's difficult at first but it puts me into a really good mindset!

Nuff about me thou, what are your goals and how do you plan to achieve them? whatever they are I know you got this! How did skydiving and bungyjumping make you feel?

Ill definely check that thread out. Ty ^-^

Highlighted

Hellooo @WheresMySquishy lovely to meet you too!
It seems that we have so much in common
what have you been up to while being at home?
ill defs check out both threads, animal crossing fans unite Smiley Happy)

Highlighted

@Symphony7  My parents decided it was the perfect time to install new lights in our house. We got downlights in our upstairs area and balcony, lights on the wall next to the stairs and an LED strip going across my sister and I's big desk. They change colour with an app and can sync to music. Smiley Happy
I've only been able to go out once this week to go to my ophthalmologist's (they're still open but there are only a few patients there at once and they have a lot of measures in place now). This week, I also finished a few free online courses I've been doing, spoke to someone over the phone about postgraduate courses and I signed up to an online volunteering thing. Other than that, I've been watching a lot of Netflix and playing heaps of Animal Crossing: New Horizons! Smiley Happy The game couldn't have been released at a better time. I think that more shops are going to close so it's going to be harder to go out in the next few weeks. Smiley Sad
What have you been up to?

Highlighted

WheresMySquishty That sounds awesome, I bet your house has become the ultimate vibing zone Smiley Happy what sort of music do you like??
Im so grateful we will still have access to healthcare clinics and such, you're using this time to do good things so a big kudos to you! It's my third week practising social distancing ive only been to the local park and grocery shop. So far it's not too bhed but it makes me feel a little weird..

Animal Crossing NH is helping us all through this difficult time :') Hows your island coming along? Im upto the part where Im trying to get 3 stars for KK to come visit..

If they do close they should provide delivery services so we can still eat

Highlighted

@Symphony7  Upstairs is great now! We also recently got rid of our old couch and got a new one with recliners. I usually listen to upbeat music like dance music.  I tend to listen to it when I'm in a bad mood.
I'm grateful for all the hardworking medical professionals who are still open and can offer their services at this time too. Last week, I only went to Coles and the nursing home I volunteer at. A lot of restaurants around here are closed. They're even going to close one of our local McDonald's restaurants because it doesn't have a drive-thru. It's good that you were still able to go to your local park! I wanted to go to a park that's very close to our house but I'm not sure if we're allowed to now.
We finally reached 3 stars on our island evaluation yesterday and got K.K. to do a concert today. It was kind of weird because we got one of our villagers to move out. He left today but still showed up at the concert, only to disappear again. Smiley Surprised Hope your island is coming along nicely!
We actually got pizza yesterday. They're still delivering which is good.

Highlighted

Must be so cosy! and oh myy so do I, I really like deep house music & disco music. What's it like volunteering at a nursing home? I'm currently doing a healthcare course and we get to do work placement in either a hospital or nursing home, it's been postponed to next year so I'm keen to hear about your experience. There's still heaps of people in my local park so I think you might be able to go if you're walking or doing some sort of exercise.
That villager wasn't going to miss KK's performance lol xD I really can't wait to unlock the terraforming shovel to make hills and ponds because the layout of my island isn't as good as it could be.
& yum! I got oporto's delivered just the other day too. What's your favourite pizza?

Highlighted

@Symphony7  It's cool that you get to do a placement like that as part of your course! I had to do a placement as part of my course, but mine ended up being a research-based one rather than a more clinical one.
I really love volunteering in the nursing home. Every day is different and all of the residents are different. It really helps if you have cared for elderly people in the past. Sometimes, you don't know what a resident's needs are just by looking at them. Funny story - one of the residents from my nursing home was talking to another volunteer about a rude woman that never responds to him, but when the volunteer asked him to point her out to him, it turned out to be a mannequin.
I used to help out with the diversional and Montessori therapies but I have to do them on a one on one basis now. I found this booklet really helpful. If you're interested in doing work placement in a nursing home, something I found useful was doing a free online course about dementia. It has really helped me learn how to interact with the residents and meet their needs. The University of Tasmania runs these kinds of online courses a few times a year if you're interested in them.
K.K. showed up again today in our town and gave us a piece of music after we watched him perform. We haven't done anything with the terraforming yet, but one thing I would change is the shape of the bottom pond because it's sometimes hard to fish in it. I actually like the layout of our island other than that. It may not be the most functional island and we probably need more bridges than other players, but it's pretty. My house is on the beach sandwiched between Residential Services and the museum on one side and Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters on the other side, all quickly accessible with a bridge.
Oporto is great! I don't really have a favourite type of pizza. I get a different one almost every time. I like a lot of the new vegetarian ones at Domino's. It's really awesome that they've expanded their range and tried to cater to people with different needs. My mum has coeliac disease so it's good that they offer a gluten-free base as well.