cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: tell us about your avatar

hah @missep im glad you relate to her and im glad your happy and bubbly Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@letitgo That's great! Monet's waterlillies are one of my favourites because they make me feel so much better about myself in the world.

When I first joined the forums aaages back I just wanted to find a bird to go with my username. As long as these forums have been around I've had this bird simply because 'bird' was my only requirement. Kinda boring, but I still like it.

Hmm..I think I chose mine because I identified with the main character. He was full of thoughts of revenge and anger which I did have in my youth until a couple of friends accepted me for who I was (I see it more as saving me from the darkness). Since then, I've always wanted to continue travelling the world and seeing things in a new perspective and hoping to keep the darkness inside me from ever getting out again. Because I know if that ever happens....it's possible I might never get out again.

Sorry if that was a bit dark...I guess I revealed more about myself than I meant to but I won't edit it. What's past is past and I just want to help those who might be going through the same thing.

thank you for sharing and being honest @RevzZ

what is the character? im not sure im familiar with them?

Thank you @scared01Smiley Very Happy

Everytime I look at your avatar it makes me feel really calm and relaxed! Smiley Happy

thats great @missep my avatar does abit of that. i imagine myself sitting there actually watching that flower 

IMG_5788.JPG

My Avatar is a scaled version of this little guy Smiley Happy

I saw him in The Reject Shop with a doll, and he was just so cute! SO naturally I bought him and he's sat on my desk for such a long time now. I wanted something fun and that was actually mine as I feel so open and connected to this community so naturally I felt it had to be part of me. So I photographed him and uploaded him Smiley Happy Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

he is very cute @Bee

That is a fantastic photo @Bee! Smiley Very Happy How did you get the background?

Thanks @scared01 @mrmusic
The background is actually some fabric with sparkly stars! It came out that way because of my camera and the bokeh effect - which is the blur produced by out of focus light; which makes the circle look. Usually you need a low f-stop to get the background, but it can be produced with higher f-stops, it means it either won't be as strong, like the circle won't be as big or stand out as much. I took this on my DSLR camera with my 50mm compact macro lens with an f-stop of 2.5.
I hope this helps Smiley Happy I can chat more about this over in the photography thread if you like; as it relates more to photography Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart