cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: who are some of you favourite artists??

Alright, I'm probbbably going to struggle to finish this post if I post all of mine, so I'll try to cut myself off at 3, in order of criminal underratedness:

1. Morgan James. Soul-sy singer with incredible vocal control and depth. Lady needs to be more famous, desperately. (Check out her album, Hunter. The cover below is plenty nice for easy-listening, but her original "Heart Shake" will make you quake in your boots.)

Morgan James- Rather Be (cover)

2. Daniela Andrade.

Daniela Andrade- Come Around 

3. Oh Wonder. (Hiiiiighly recommend you also check up on their video/song mesh "All we do". Damn thing nearly brought me to tears the first time I heard it.)

Oh Wonder- Lose It 

4. Chvrches. Not particularly underrated, but just like. Damnnnn. Just listen to these vocals. (Also Lauren Mayberry just kicks ass as a person, in general.)

Chvrches- Tightrope (cover)

(Yes, I know I said I would try to limit myself to three. Hey, I said I'd try, not that I'd succeed.)

Oh, and also a 5th one: Yuumei, aka Wenqing Yan.  

Because I initially thought this was an "art" thread, and I'd already opened this up, and it felt like a crime not to share at least some of her work. She also kicks ass.

connection_by_yuumei-d5xh09x.jpg

Highlighted

I'm also going to struggle to list my all-time favourites, so I'm just gonna name three that are on rotation at the moment (except for Drake, but that's only because Scorpion just came out):

1. Janelle Monae - I've been obsessed with her since I was in high-school, and now that she's recently come out with Dirty Computer and just really publicly embraced her bisexuality I love her even more

suitelikechocolate-janelle-monae-39375392-300-122

giphy

2. Aaliyah - super chill and smooth and basically the embodiment of 90's fashion, plus I'll never get over her voice

giphy

2b38bfc4e2bc75aa1d32a38634a43d73

3. Beyonce: I don't think I need to explain (hehe) but she's one of the few artists I've continued to listen to since childhood.

giphy

c24a76d2c305459149ab667d1263736b

Highlighted

I like to listen to more soundtracks from films (e.g. Love, Simon etc) but I really love listening to Lady gaga and Harry Styles (I've never been a one direction fan though, so that was a surprise haha)

giphygiphy

Highlighted

SOUNDTRACKS @keezeik!!!! I am a huge fan of soundtracks! Do you have any favourites?
Highlighted

I really love the Love, Simon soundtrack, the marvel soundtrack is really good, I made my own playlist though for that one. Same with the supernatural soundtrack (although I don't watch the show anymore. There's this Norwegian tv show I used to watch called skam, which had a nice soundtrack to it. What about you?
Highlighted

YES to Marvel @keezeik! Smiley Very Happy Although I find Marvel a little harder to actually listen to because of the different composers and styles within all their movies but there are some amazing tracks in there.

At the moment I've been listening basically non-stop to the Ninjago soundtrack. It's a LEGO TV show (which you can find bits of on Netflix!) and a movie (show is way better though) composed by Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer for the show and Mark Mothersbaugh for the movie plus some other people and bands and it is SPECTACULAR! OH and The Fold band does the theme music for the TV show, they are pretty cool too.

Then there's How To Train Your Dragon, amazing! The composer is John Powell and he's fantastic. He does both movies. There's another guy in there who composes a song in the movie but I can't remember his name... this guy Jónsi! He writes and performs a song in the credits called Sticks and Stones. It's a good one.

Also remind me to come back when I actually have time and share more because this is only the surface of my soundtrack loves.
Highlighted

Definitely loved to hear more ☺️ - Spotify and maybe other streaming services are really good for discovering more soundtrack music - the soundtrack from call me by your name is really good (lots of classical sort of music) as well as Miyazaki’s music just to name a few ☺️
Highlighted

So I've mentioned Ninjago and How To Train Your Dragon, now for more!

I also listen to the Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra soundtracks, composed by the same guy Jeremy Zuckerman and the ATLA/LOK Track team and they have some amazing works! Such beautiful music.

There's also all the Transformers movies soundtracks. They're composed by Steve Jablonsky and I love it. He does the background music for all the music and I love them so much. They're so great to listen to. It was my go-to soundtrack for when I was on the train but at the moment I am very absorbed with Ninjago Smiley Tongue

Then there's also Hans Zimmer who is a master composer. He has so many wonderful works in different movies, he's just amazing to listen to. And then John Williams, the Star Wars guy Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

If you guys are into soundtracks - might I suggest checking out the work of Two Steps From Hell? They're a production company that does a tonne of soundtracks for movies and trailers. Really great if you're looking for some epic music to hype you up like you're about to head into battle at Helm's Deep, etc.

In fact, you've probably already listened to a couple of their tracks already without knowing - "Strength of a Thousand Men" has been used in so many trailers that it should seem familiar just from the opening cords. I'd recommend starting with their Archangel Album (for the epic stuff) and Miracles, for slightly more relaxed listening.
Highlighted

Current favorite songs!

Hi everyone, not sure if there's already a thread about this so sorry if I'm redoing something that's already been made! I know covid is quite stressful for a lot of us, but music always seems to lighten the mood, so I was thinking we could share music ideas here and chat about what our favorite artists are! I love Bastille, the red hot chilli peppers, and Chvrches (and many others!), and two of my favorite stress-relieving tracks are 'come out and play' by billie eilish and 'You're too precious' by James blake. Can't wait to hear what your favorites are! Heart