cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 18th October: FB LIVE CHAT, Naked Farmer!

What do you think about the nude farmer calendar idea?

Probably wouldn't hang that calendar in my house but... I guess some people will!

I missed this part of the chat on FB - What's the general idea/

I love the idea! A little bit cheeky but very cool. It's also super cool to see how many people stuck up their hands to get involved by having their picture taken

@lokifish ayeee vegos !!

the calander isn't my style, but if others want to buy it why not Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

New question!
Did you know about the added mental health pressures and stigma that people experience in rural areas? 

Highlighted

Did you know about the added mental health pressures and stigma that people experience in rural areas? 

It's really hard! In both my nursing and psychology training, for example, rural areas come up a lot in ethics. Because not many people live in the country (duh) the chance of you running into a client is really quite high, so there's potential issues there - what if the client is your hairdresser? Or your mechanic? What if people find out about it? (word travels fast in small towns!)

There's also MAJOR issues with rural mental health funding in general. Attracting clinicians to rural areas and keeping them there for longer than 12 or 24 months is really hard. That's why services like the RFDS are so crucial in my opinion Heart

I did actually! A lot of the family i have in the country, especially older generations, have a really tough time talking about mental health, especially their own. I've really noticed this in the men particularly. Super cool to see men like Ben opening up about their mental health to encourage others. Smiley Happy

@lokifish Those are both such important points! It's something we might not even think about in the city.
It must be so frustrating trying to coordinate rural services when people come and go Smiley Sad I can imagine that mental health services end up even more sparse than medical ones. 

@annabethxchase ahh sorry i missed your question!
All the proceeds from the calendar sales go to the RFDS Mental Health Unit, which provides mental health support and education in rural communities. So the calendar hits two birds with one stone, raising both money and awareness, pretty rad imo!

I agree with @lokifish it's actually common for me to run into my psychologist on her off days!
So yeah I guess I couls say yes to that question, I'm just not focused enough to elaborate

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart