cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

On Tuesday we'll be joining in the the discussion about drugs that ABC2 is having all of next week. So head back here at 9:30pm on the 28th and we'll watch the show together and talk through issues raised in the program. I'll be facilitating the session with our awesome peer mods@Myvo and @tsnyder. Remember the guidelines and remember we're not a counselling service but you can access those service here.

This is going to be real, don't miss it.

AusDrugs.jpg

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: [CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Wow there are going to be some interesting discussions surrounding drugs and Australia!  Very exciting!

The degree of involvement that drugs play in peoples' lives varies vastly, as do attitudes held about drugs.  Exploring these differences will be a huge opportunity for learning and reflection!  It is going to be super important to remain open-minded, as I am sure there will be some contrasting opinions, but as long as we all stay respectful, this could be really eye-opening and lively! Can't wait!

(And don't forget to read the guidelines!)

Highlighted

So pumped for chats tonight! Looking forward to hear everyone's opinions, questions and experiences on alcohol and drugs. Chat to you all soon Smiley Very Happy

Hey there!! Welcome to our special feature tonight – thanks for joining us while we watch ABC2’s Australians on Drugs together. We’ll be chatting during teh show and continue chatting after it's over to get your thoughts, ideas and opinions – as well as ideas for support if you or your friends need it.

If you are new here, please check out these – while we are up for an honest discussion about drugs tonight but please we aware that the community has come up with some guidelines about how to talk about stuff so that it doesn’t have a negative impact on others. The main things to think about here is not describe any methods of self-harm and that could include some drug-taking methods or abuse. Other than that it’s also about staying anonymous, but click the link for all the details.

Lastly @Myvo and @tsnyder are ReachOut peer moderators, and I’m the Community Manager for ReachOut but we are not a counselling service – so if at any point you are feeling overwhelmed then there is 24/7 drug and alcohol counselling at https://www.counsellingonline.org.au/

So with out any further ado, what’s your first impression of tonight’s show - Australians on Drugs?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Heya! Just waiting on live stream. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @stonepixie! thanks for tuning in!! Smiley Happy

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Wow 3 million Australians have tried an illicit drug!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

All good @stonepixie!

Took mine awhile to load too Smiley Happy

Hey everyone! Looking forward to a good chat but i might find it a bit difficult at times so I'm sorry if I need to disappear for a bit then come back
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//