cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

@tsnyder wrote:

Sometimes when we see everyone else on drugs in a club, we forget that we are only seeing a small sample of Australian youth. Personally I don't like the idea of drugs being part of Australian culture.  How do others feel?

Yep it seems like people perceive their own experiences as the universal experience....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Love that they have listed other things on to seek a natural high.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Me too @stonepixie - meditation etc...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Did anyone pick up those stats? I wasn't fast enough to get them.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@tsnyder Same here. It can be rather annoying when everyone around you are trying different stuff, and not realising that there are better ways to have a good time. 

The stat that stood out for me stonepixe was that Australians spent $7billion on drugs!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

7 billion, that's crazy
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Myvo wrote:

@tsnyder Same here. It can be rather annoying when everyone around you are trying different stuff, and not realising that there are better ways to have a good time. 

It's pretty frustrating being around  people who are all out of it when you are the one who isn't!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@stonepixie Only managed to catch a few!

• The most common illicit drug used is cannabis, followed by ecstasy (then MDMA, meth, and cocaine)
  • 3 million Australians have tried an illicit drug
  • Australians spend $8 billion on drugs - triple the amount that we spend on literature

I know @Sophie-RO that was massive and only $2billion on literary!