cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

For sure @tsnyder and with all my past involving drugs I knew it was a bad decision, but it was a spur of the moment thing when I started. Like I have always said no would never touch drugs but when you someone offers you something with 5 other people watching it is so so hard to say no. But I have learnt to do that now.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Sophie-RO I think that researchers and counsellors are trying to maintain neutral ground. The discussion is getting pretty heated. 

Finally someone mentioned harm minimisation!!

"harm minimisation approach does not condone drug use. Harm minimisation acknowledges that some people in societies will use alcohol and other drugs and therefore incorporates policies which aim to prevent or reduce drug related harms. Harm reduction is a central pillar of the harm minimisation approach."

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@j95 I was pretty much talking about the girl who thinks she is healthy because she is a vegetarian and goes to the gym.

I basically just shake my head. I know that people take for many different reasons and it is everyones own choice.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

This story is so said, I watched it whilst waiting for 9:30

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Good on you @j95.  I actually do know about how hard it is in those situations - you can really feel isolated when you don't join in.  How do you deal with that pressure now?

My friends know I won't take drugs, and I know they'd love it if I did, but sometimes you've just gotta stick to your decisions, you know?

Looks like we're going into finding out a drug-dealer's perspective in terms of ethics, caring about others, and being in a position of power. 

@stonepixie wrote:
This story is so said, I watched it whilst waiting for 9:30

The drug dealer story?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Yeah that one.

Yea I agree - good on you @j95 - it's not easy and you've made some decisions that show you are so strong!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com