cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

The thing that stood out for me was the irish guys comments about decriminalisation (and how invested in arguing against decriminalisation the police and politician was)

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

What about the girls at the beginning? @stonepixie

2. Stafford said that as drug-users, they look after each other. When looking for help, having a support network is essential and a good step. But is it a Catch 22 if your support network also uses when you use too?

And someone said that "no one in my family knows I use drugs".. um.. well they will now!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

2. Stafford said that as drug-users, they look after each other. When looking for help, having a support network is essential and a good step. But is it a Catch 22 if your support network also uses when you use too?

I don't buy that whole notion - They'll help you as long as you take drugs and put yourself in a position where you could be seriously harmed??? That doesn't sound like they have your best interests at heart

@Myvo definitely a catch 22! Especially when taking from the same batch.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Myvo wrote:

One of the scariest things I heard on the show was about how people delay going to hospital/get help for themselves or their friends because they are afraid of getting into trouble.... A problem  of criminalisation - but there is some good harm minimisation info out there are about getting help http://drugaware.com.au/Stay-Safe.aspx

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

3. How can we help others make better choices in regards to drug use?

Stafford said that as drug-users, they look after each other. When looking for help, having a support network is essential and a good step. But is it a Catch 22 if your support network also uses when you use too?

Hm, I feel that if you don't know when and where to get help - and your friends are using too - they're probably not gonna know either. It looks like that it all goes around in a circle as a Catch 22. 

3. How can we help others make better choices in regards to drug use?

Lead by example - my best friend told me "be the change you want to see" and I think this is applies here