cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Australians On Drugs ABC2

How can we help others make better choices in regards to drug use?

Educate each other, ask each other why, and slow down.

Why are we even taking it in the first place? It's all about evaluating your choices. 

3. How can we help others make better choices in regards to drug use?

We've got some good info

http://au.reachout.com/7-ways-not-to-regret-tonight-tomorrow
http://au.reachout.com/safe-partying

http://au.reachout.com/all-about-drugs

For example...

If you choose to take drugs at a party or on a night out, make sure someone sober knows what you're taking. This way a friend can help you if something goes wrong. 

If something goes wrong it’s important to keep in mind the contacts that you may need. If there is an emergency where someone is injured, someone gets really unwell, or if you feel that the party or your night out is getting out of control, don’t hesitate to call Emergency Services.
Emergency Services (for emergencies only) 000 
Poisons information centre – 13 11 26

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

4. Do you think that people take illicit drugs for similar reasons?

I'm not too sure about that question. I've never really been put in that position as of yet where I've had to help others, but I guess what @Sophie-RO said pretty much covers it, along with educating yourself. I mean, I could get into the nasty stuff in the manufacturing, but I don't think that would deter or inform people to make better choices.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

4. Do you think that people take illicit drugs for similar reasons?

Not really - I think there are a myriad of reasons.  However, when I see the habitat that goes with party drugs (lights, good times, sex) I can understand why people take it

People don't take drugs for similar reasons. Some take because they are curious, some take so as they seem hip and cool and others just take because they don't like the way that they feel / have an underlying mental health issue / family break ups and stuff like that, so essentially because of a broad range of life events.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie it deterred me! Crushed glass in pingas? No thanks!

@tsnyder Hm, yes. There are all sorts of reasons why some people may try or habitually take a drug, but it's not always the same one shared across everyone. So important not to generalise why people take illicit drugs. 

Do you think that people take illicit drugs for similar reasons?

I think this is an interesting take on it...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@tsnyder rat poison, cockroach spray and anything else they can get their hands on.