cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Friday 3rd May: Live guest Bart from Livewire

I think music can be really useful for connecting with people with disabilities or chronic conditions who are experiencing isolation. I have seen this in some of the volunteering work I have done. Smiley Happy

@Bart-Livewire What an amazing career development  -  thank you for sharing. 
That's so cool that you did sound design for ReachOut in the past!! What a small world! 

And so cool to hear that you've made an album with Livewire - very keen to check that out. 

@Bart-Livewire  I've just realised we are about half way through (time-wise), and we have a lot more questions to get through! 

Remember that you can ask questions live for anything that comes to mind while we're chatting @ecla34 @WheresMySquishy @mspaceK @mspaceK  @Sunflower18 

We had two specific questions come through about blood pressure that we'd love to hear from you from @Bart-Livewire : 

Is having chronic low blood pressure an illness? 

Is there a way to cope with low blood pressure and other symptoms that follow?

so sorry im late!
nice to meet you @Bart-Livewire
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01  no worries! So glad you could make it Smiley Happy

If you wanna jump in, feel free to answer some of the questions about your own experience to this topic (chronic illness .. as well as music) - if you'd like to Smiley Happy 

Hi @scared01 great to meet you. 

Is having chronic low blood pressure an illness? 

Is there a way to cope with low blood pressure and other symptoms that follow?

@gina-ROthis is an interesting question. I can't really answer medical questions, but anything that is a medical condition and is ongoing would be a chronic illness. You know, if that question was asked on Livewire.org, I'm sure there would be 10 members who could answer it better than a GP Smiley Wink 

@Bart-Livewire  I can only imagine the medical expertise you'd have in the room (or the chat room..) from everyone's lived experiences! 

That is an interesting question, and if the person who submitted it is reading, please check that out with a GP. You could also have a think about whether the Livewire community is a place you could go to for mutual support. 

We had a great question come through: 

What's something you've learnt from working with sick kids?

I'm wondering if others in the chat want to reflect on something that sickness, either yours or someone you love,  may have taught you? 

@Bart-Livewire  i'm sure they could! Smiley LOL

funny lol loop laugh laughing GIF

@ecla34  Loving your gifs tonight - i need to pick up my game! 

giphy (4).gif

Thank you for joining us tonight @Bart-Livewire,
I am someone who live with a chronic physical illness so im interested to read more. Ill have a look at the site @gina-RO has linked as well. I actually havent heard of livewire before but I know about starlight (but not a lot). Im unfortunalty outside the age bracket, its a shame I didnt know about it beforehand.

@gina-RO thank you for sharing parts of your story with us. I agree with a lot of what youve said. Dont let your condition stop you from doing what you love Heart

i love music as a way to cope. for me alot of my physical things bring on pain and i find music and also alot of the suggestions that are shared on the distraction thread Gina linked helps not only cope with my mental health but physical as well. Im not sure if its the same for anyone else but i find if im in quite abit of pain (or my conditions have flared up more) my mental health deteriorates and vise versa so its a constant balance.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**