cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GUEST] Q&A with Andrew Morley (Home & Away)

By now you will have seen our campaign for all those doing their year 12 exams this year: There’s Life After Year 12 Exams.

So we can continue to the conversation, Home & Away’s Andrew Morley will chat with ReachOut.com about life after year 12 exams in a live forum+video Q&A right here this Thursday (23rd) from 8pm AEDT.

[video]

He’ll join ReachOut.com Youth Ambassador (and provisional psychologist!) Gail, and Doug from the ReachOut.com team.

The forum discussion will kick off at 8pm on a range of topics about getting through exams and life after and you can ask your questions of Andrew and the panel.

Then, at 8.30pm we'll go live via video stream embedded right here. Andrew, Gail and Doug will continue the discussion and tackle your questions (the ones with the most high fives!).

If you want to chat with Andrew, sign up now then meet us right here on Thursday at 8pm!

Video stream will be here:

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: [GUEST] Q&A with Andrew Morley (Home & Away)

Hola friends! So stoked that Summer Bay is coming to ReachOut.com tonight! Andrew Morley is here to chat about year 12, exams, stress and life after it’s all over! We’ve got a couple of other legends on our panel - Doug, one our ReachOut.com crew, and Gail - a ReachOut Youth Ambassador and provisional psychologist!

Here’s how tonight is going to work. We’re going kick off tonight with an old school forum chat here, and then take it to the live video stream at 8:30 up there ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑.  Post your question for Andrew and the panel by replying to this post and telling us “My question for Andrew is…”. The most high-fived questions will go live to Andrew the panel on the video stream at 8:30.

If you’re new, please check out our community guidelines, and make sure you keep yourself anonymous here on ReachOut. We’re not a counselling service, so if you’re feeling upset or overwhelmed at any point, then it’s important that you connect with our friends at Kids Helpline by phone or webchat.

So, here’s what we want to know from you. There is so much pressure put on year 12, yet all our #thereslifeafter videos kinda said it ain’t all that. Where does all this pressure come from?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I'm ready for any of your questions!

Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've been around the forums - it's good to be back and I'm looking forward to the discussion tonight Smiley Happy

I think the way in which year 12 is spoken about makes it seem like the biggest and most life-changing decision you'll ever face. I know I felt so much pressure to know exactly how I wanted my life to go, which in hindsight seems ridiculous because you have so much time to figure out what you like and what you're passionate about. I didn't even know what I wanted to do until after I left school!

Hi everyone, Hi Andrew! Mega keen for this chat Smiley Very Happy

There is so much pressure put on year 12, yet all our #thereslifeafter videos kinda said it ain’t all that. Where does all this pressure come from?

I think a lot of the pressure comes from schools and parents. Schools want their students to do well (partly because they care and partly because it makes them look good if their students are smart haha!), and so do parents, because of obviously they want their kids to do well and have lots of opportunities. I think that sometimes students can feel like parents and people at school (friends, teachers etc.) expect them to get a certain grade and the idea of not living up to these expectations can be scary (that's how I felt anyway).

Hey Gail! Stoked to have you on the panel tonight! Look forward to seeing your face on the live stream at 8:30!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey all, welcome to tonights chat! 

There is so much pressure put on year 12, yet all our #thereslifeafter videos kinda said it ain’t all that. Where does all this pressure come from?

Well in my experience of year 12 (three years ago, when did that happen?!) pretty much all of the pressure I felt came from my school, who were super into having a great academic reputation. Even though my parents were really chill about whatever I did as long as it was good for me I still interalised a lot of that pressure unfortunately.

Hi Gail!

Also hi!! Way for me to put the cart before the horse Smiley Tongue